Latest Society edict: proper dress after conventions

by B_Deserter 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• under_believer
    under_believer

Can anyone provide a direct quote or citation for this edict?

• dawg
    dawg

I can't understand why you guys attack the borg. 1st apostate 5:3 plainly says that no jeans and t-shirts should be worn after the assemblies. Theyr'e only doing what the bible tells them!

• MeneMene
    MeneMene

Welcome to JWD.

During my last confrontation with my mother I said something about how the WTS/Elders/etc tells the R&F how to dress. She got all mad and said they never tell anyone how to dress. People coming to the meetings just see how others are dressed and follow the example.

I sure hope she remembers our conversation ... This Kingdom Ministry came out shortly after that conversation.

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

During my last confrontation with my mother I said something about how the WTS/Elders/etc tells the R&F how to dress. She got all mad and said they never tell anyone how to dress. People coming to the meetings just see how others are dressed and follow the example.

I sure hope she remembers our conversation ... This Kingdom Ministry came out shortly after that conversation.

Dear MeneMene,

That is pretty funny!! How could she not help but think of that conversation!

L.L.

• Mum
    Mum

What kind of pajamas are JW's supposed to wear to bed. I have heard reports of young (even some not so young) JW's going to department stores and buying filmy negligees and spandex. As dawg says, read your Bible and figure out what it says to wear at all times, not just to meetings and conventions.

Why don't we apostates start a department store and website for JW's to order "approved" clothing because we keep up on these things. I would like to make a lot of money as a result of my past Watchtower affiliation.

Regards,

SandraC

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

Kingdom Ministry-2007-April-p.4/par.5/ (Follow The Christ by Manifesting Dignity)

Nevada-

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

This is ridiculous. You are allowed to molest children, but you are not allowed to wear a T-shirt and jeans after the assembly program. Is it any wonder I predict such ridiculous new rules starting next year when the Watchtower brings out the Kool-Aid edition? Like no entertainment?

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

Well definitely no flip flops - except when it comes to the rules and when God decides to change his mind.

• Vernon Williams
    Vernon Williams

This is just one more example of how the Society works to keep everyone in a barely adolescent mind set:

Now children, here is what we will wear, next.....

And, they are talking to .....what.....adults????

Gag me with a Kingdom spoon...

V

• BlackPearl
    BlackPearl
    I wonder what will happen to those that will disobey?

Zay vill be shot at sunset!

BP

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit