What would you do with an abuse settlement?

by StarTrekAngel 7 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• StarTrekAngel
    StarTrekAngel

What would you do if you were Conti or Lopez and had a large award? Sure, the options and the tastes are many but consider this...

I don't know if this has already been covered or mentioned but I think there would be no better investment of that money than to put into a non-profit. On dedicated to seek out and bring forward more cases. Use their own money against them. Conti, Lopez, all of them putting together a resource pool for that purpose.

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe
    I don't know if this has already been covered or mentioned but I think there would be no better investment of that money than to put into a non-profit. On dedicated to seek out and bring forward more cases. Use their own money against them. Conti, Lopez, all of them putting together a resource pool for that purpose.

That's exactly what I immediately thought when I read the thread title.

Whatever they do with it though, I hope it brings them some measure of peace.

• jwleaks
    jwleaks
    Put 10% aside, non-profit / trust fund, to help others in their cases against the WTBTS with the understanding that if they are successful they payback the money into the fund and contribute 10% to the fund.
  • StarTrekAngel
    StarTrekAngel
    This is starting to take shape!
  • OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I suppose that if my money came from Watchtower on a big settlement, I would dedicate some of my life to giving back to the ex-JW community somehow. I would probably put up billboards in major areas (especially in Summer near convention sites) directing people to jwfacts . com and the like. I think I would have a huge campaign called "Your Children Would Rather be Playing, and They Want to go to College." I know I would organize (or expand what others have already organized) gatherings.

Part of my message would be that "they" are giving out their literature and that people should feel free to take literature every day and destroy it, burn it, toss it out with food garbage, etc. as this would hurt their cart campaigns and speed up their demise.

But alas, a huge thing I would do is celebrate my freedoms and enjoy life and only do the above as much as I want to.

• rebel8
    rebel8

ex-Scientologists did that.

I hope the victims would spend some of it on themselves to ease some of the pain they've gone through. Therapy, fun, more free time, meditation courses, freedom from worrying about money.

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

Start a scholarship fund for exJW youths who are shunned by family.

• braincleaned
    braincleaned
    Heck I think they suffered enough to use a huge part of that money for THEM. I think it is the epitome of rudeness to guilt-trip them into giving their well deserved settlement to others.
    You don't think they have been "owned" by others enough???

Can't believe people here are giving these VICTIMS lessons on what t do with their money! Damn people! Have some respect!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit