Seems this Forum was started by Pro-Witness people, what say you?

by NotaNess 19 Replies latest jw friends

• NotaNess
    NotaNess

If you go back to the original posts, it looks a WHOLE BUNCH different than it does now. The posts are like being at a sunday kingdom hall greeting session.

Anyone care to comment?

• Vernon Williams
    Vernon Williams

The beer thread is, now, up to 250 posts. That is an indication that this board is "pro witness."

Cheers,

V

• Spectre
    Spectre

Ever wonder why the society doesn't want its slaves to go on the internet?

• Gopher
    Gopher

That's exactly right. In fact that's a reason behind the name of the website. Simon just wanted a place where he could come and discuss topics of interest to JW's. As more and more questions about the accuracy of Watchtower teachings were compiled on this site, it got much more interesting.

Eventually the founder of the board parted ways with the Watchtower when the elders admonished him for asking too many questions. I guess those elders never could have guessed that they really helped get this website rolling, because those very questions became the foundation for a lot of conversation and discussion here.

BTW, I joined this forum when it was about 1 year old and already very critical of Watchtower ways.

• R.F.
    R.F.

The beer thread is, now, up to 250 posts. That is an indication that this board is "pro witness."

• monophonic
    monophonic

"Eventually the founder of the board parted ways with the Watchtower when the elders admonished him for asking too many questions."

it's so damn pathetic. didn't the apostle paul say to keep questioning and digging for the truth. i feel like the governing body and elders are the ones acting exactly like the jewish religious leaders who jesus condemned for making everyone wash up to their elbows and for being a burden to the people.

what's even more amazing is they can't see that application to themselves.

• NotaNess
    NotaNess

Monophonic

EXACTLY my thoughts too.

• Tyrone van leyen
    Tyrone van leyen

You mean they would not have accepted my vile rants in the early days? Wow talk about progress! I really gotta thank the brothers for that.

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

I think it's a marvellous story; and exactly what WBTS are afraid of! This is the brave new world. People want to look outside of their little containered life these days. WBTS can't stop it, it's a compelling desire.

I suppose I can only speak for myself and a lot of people here though. Those who stay might actually like their little lives. Whatever floats your boat.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Simon and his wife Angharad also deserves credit for shepherding this thread along to maturity. It's not only survived but thrived.

I don't know about you, but the ready feedback and activity keeps me involved. I think we shock newbies a little bit how fast we respond.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit