Never a JW, what makes you post here?

by Mrs Smith 37 Replies latest jw friends

• jgnat
    jgnat

cathyk, that is so cool! You're like a Witness fan like others are Elvis fans.

• smellsgood
    smellsgood

Hello Mrs. Smith,

Yeah, I'm a never been a JW.

Well, in my case your guess would be wrong...I have absolutely ZERO family, immediate, extended, or ancestors that have been Jehovah's Witnesses. I've been reading this board for years, and been quite fascinated with everything Watch Tower. I think it strikes a chord with me. I had a close friend in highschool who is a JW, but she never brought it up, she was just a great very cool girl. I also met someone who was a JW, and since I had the internet, I googled JW, and I was taken aback. So, when I tried to talk about it to this person, they told me "no more contact." Anyways, it's a fascinating religion really, I'm interested in all cults, particularly in the Christian vein, but most especially JW's.

• smellsgood
    smellsgood

I would add that I love the people on the board, I get all teary at alot of things, and feel a great need for justice in Witdom. There are very important things to learn from a doctrinal standpoint, but since I am operating 'a priori' the fact that I can come on here, and see all the madness played out in real peoples lives is like another piece of the puzzle. It's confirmation, it's touching and gripping, and entertaining (weird door to door stories) and this board is one of the most lively I've ever encountered...so why not? I feel like I've majored in WTism for the last 5 years...I want an honorary degree!

• Mrs Smith
    Mrs Smith

Hi Smells Good

I want an honorary degree!

lol

At least they want get their filthy little paws on you!!! One more "wordling" saved from the borg. Yipee.

• oppgirl63
    oppgirl63

I'm a 43yo lesbian with a JW roommate. She has health issues and I'm her caregiver. I guess that's why they don't tell her to move. This board has really opened my eyes to what I'm dealing with.

• z
    z

Yep never was one . 4yeres ago I get Neuropathy ( I had excruciating pain could not wear shoes not cover myself in bed or walk lots of med I was zombie at time I thought why keep on living) my Dr advice get yourself massage therapy (for my feet )and there he was after some time he said he is JW ( he is MS) had no clue what is JW what I know the go door to door and no blood .ok so do I care what other believe is? No I don’t and the meter of facet for me live and let live . one day he start taking about the Bible (or witnessing me ) this open lots of arguing he gave me the NWT and said worldly ppl have no moral only JW do ok do I give a s*** what he think of the rest of the world no I don’t
    He continue witnessing so I looked at the NWT and was shocked this is not the Bible the way I know this is BS (my mother tang is Hebrew and I’m Jewish ) the NWT is altered to suit theme so gat on the net and I’m here now . we still fight almost daily I call him my cultic therapy. I give him lots of info from here (he doesn’t like it but he need the $$$) and I think he listing more and more and this open his mind and question his believe I know I’m doing good work with help form all of you BTW I’m addicted to the form I’m here daily

Love you all

Z

• eclipse
    eclipse

Z, keep it up! you'll soon open his eyes....

• cathyk
    cathyk
    cathyk, that is so cool! You're like a Witness fan like others are Elvis fans.

Yeah, except without the fried pb & banana sandwiches.

"Elvis isn't dead -- he just went home." -- Men in Black

Cathy

www.oldlighthousebooks.com

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit