The Watchtower on Physics.

by jeeprube 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jeeprube
    jeeprube

I just stumbled upon the Watchtower article on the universal law of gravitation and why Newton was wrong......What a laugh! The deeper you dig the stupider these people become.

http://www.watchtowerinformationservice.org/index.php/watchtower_quotes/medical-science/gravitation_and_electric_energy/

• jeeprube
    jeeprube

The Watchtower denies Newton's Third Law in this article, have they ever retracted this I wonder, or is this still official teaching? I mean we're talking about one of the lynchpins of modern science here....

• dawg
    dawg

Good lord have mercy....

• restrangled
    restrangled

I thought I had seen it all from the WBTS, this takes the cake. No wonder they don't reveal the identity of writers.

r.

• badboy
    badboy

YOU CANNOT BE SERIOUS,MAN!

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I know why the Watchtower does this. They want people to be ignorant in science because science weakens their position. So they make blatantly wrong statements so that people will not think to leave the cult. And then they make children flunk finals by having assemblies during the final exams, plus they are tired from being up all night for the meeting the night before many a unit test.

I can think of many physics laws that would do more damage to the Watchtower Society than any apostate Web site or exposure of the origins and history of the religion. Why? Teach the people the correct physics, and the crap "science" of the Watchtower will not hold up. Examples: The Flood couldn't have created basins, since to do so, the water would have had to lift heavier rocks and that is impossible at equilibrium. (Try it on a bottle of Italian salad dressing one day). And there are so many more--evolution is full of them. What a travesty!

Anyone who is thinking of joining the Watchtower Society? Besides looking up all the apostate Web sites, you should look at physics. What you learn from physics will make you think twice before joining.

• jeeprube
    jeeprube

I guess my favorite part of the article is when the writer references the well known model of the atom as being similar to a solar system, and then immediately inferring that they would therefore have like characteristics. When Neils Bohr first proposed such a model he cautioned that it was to not be taken as fully reflective of the true nature of an atom, it was merely a rudimentary example. Indeed latter experiments showed that electrons orbit atoms in waves, not singular orbital patterns.

I'm left to wonder why the WTBTS would even attempt to comment on such complicated material? Perhaps they are so consumed with their own correctness that they feel whatever they think really is truth?

• TD
    TD
    I'm left to wonder why the WTBTS would even attempt to comment on such complicated material? Perhaps they are so consumed with their own correctness that they feel whatever they think really is truth?

That is certainly the standard of authority that JW's accord to the literature they publish today. (e.g. "Spiritual food" direct from the "Faithful Slave")

The Golden Ages of the 20's and 30's were collections of articles written by a variety of people, many of whom were not even Bible Students or JW's. Since the editor (Clayton Woodworth) was a complete nut, the magazine was almost always a cross-section of the absurd. But the nuttiness of The Golden Age is not quite as damning to the JW organization as a similar article would be just a few years later in a Knorr era publication. The Golden Age was not held in the same esteem by JW's and not published under the same pretense as modern literature.

• Gerard
    Gerard

The WT knows that their "science" articles written by highscool dropouts will never be taken seriously outside the borg. I believe that they come up with outrageous statemements -dispersed between themselves- so that the membership feels the WT thinks outside the box and counts with a supernatural source of bullshit information that not even the scientists are aware of. Smoke and mirrors for the assimilated units....

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

ANTI-MATTER. Are the Jehovah witnesses Physicists?That is One fraud tid-bit, that i remember from the 1970,s. How in the Watchtower's apocalyptic vision. Jehovah would use 'Holy anti-matter', to dispose of the billions of bodies post apocalypse. Yes siree.not ordinary plain ole anti-matter but "HOLY ANTI-MATTER"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit