Cindy Sheehan quits the fight

by CaptainSchmideo 29 Replies latest jw friends

• CaptainSchmideo
    CaptainSchmideo
    "Casey died for a country which cares more about who will be the next American Idol than how many people will be killed in the next few months while Democrats and Republicans play politics with human lives.

"It is so painful to me to know that I bought into this system for so many years, and Casey paid the price for that allegiance. I failed my boy and that hurts the most."

I cannot throw stones at this woman. She fought for change, and found herself up against a mammoth machine, and also against apathetic Americans, or fearful ones who see what can happen to someone who tries to fight.

I hope she is able to find comfort and some type of rest now.

I'm sure the Right is jumping up and down with glee over this turn of events. Keeps the rest of us sheep in line, I suppose.

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Yeah, I was pretty shocked to read that. To us, that would be like Danny Haszard giving up.

• CaptainSchmideo
    CaptainSchmideo

I mean, who of us would do what she did? She put herself up as a BIG target for ridicule and hate from the powers-that-be, and she lost her marriage, her health, and her finances. And it came to a big Goose-Egg.

As Sam Shepherd said in "The Right Stuff":"It takes a lot to volunteer for a suicide mission, especially if it's on television..."

• carla
    carla

Cindy Sheehan quits the fight--- About damn time! She was not fighting anything for her son she was fighting against everything he believed in and fought for. She wasn't thinking of him at all only her own grief. I think he would be ashamed of her and her actions.

Quote:
    Maybe a one ticket to the country of her choice is in order.
  • 95stormfront
    95stormfront
    About damn time! She was not fighting anything for her son she was fighting against everything he believed in and fought for.

Yawwnnnnnn........

Where are those weapons of mass destruction again ????? Were we in any danger of ever being attacked by Iraq???

The only weapon of mass destruction I've seen in the last 8 years is that whitehouse microbrain and all those who've staunchly supported him. All his expeditions into the middle east have been one blunder after another.

• dawg
    dawg

I'm certainly surprised by Carla's response.... true patriots want what's best for this country; can anyone say that this foolish war was the right thing to do at this point and yet call themselves patriotic? I think not!

• MadTiger
    MadTiger

Not a goose egg: she made an impact. Not exactly what she wanted, but she made an impact.

• OICU8it2
    OICU8it2

She was used by the left wing America haters and when they were thru with her they spat her out.

• dawg
    dawg

I find your response hard to fathom OICU... nothing will be gained by this war, yet those of us aginst it hate america... How about all those retired generals that spenat all their lives in service to this country and are now saying what a mistake this war is? I honestly think, now that we know what a mistake this war is, that you that defend it are the ones that hate america.

• hemp lover
    hemp lover

"She was not fighting anything for her son she was fighting against everything he believed in and fought for. She wasn't thinking of him at all only her own grief. I think he would be ashamed of her and her actions."

This is cold. Do you have children?

I've been to Crawford to protest the war. I've met Cindy Sheehan along with many other parents whose children died for nothing in Iraq. She was very reluctant to take on the spokesperson role, and in fact, said over and over again that day as she met so many people, "This isn't about me." Bet you didn't see that on the news. The media spun her and America bought it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit