Homosexuality - how do you see it now?

by MariAruet 19 Replies latest jw friends

• MariAruet
    MariAruet

As witnesses we were indoctrinated to frown upon anything even remotely related to homosexuality. But it is not only, witnesses I'm reading about many fundamentalist religions doing exactly the same. Some of you are Christians now, what is your view of homosexuality now? And no I'm not a lesbian hehehe. But I know of someone who was disfellowshiped because of that. I never stop talking to her even while still a witness.

So how do you marry Bible's fundamentalist ideas of homosexuality with what you believe now if you have another view?

This is also a part of my college study so I will really, really appreciate a good insight here :-)

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    marry Bible's fundamentalist ideas

Huh? with difficulty!

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

BTW this topic's been done and done and done.....

like this one just today: http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/12/134799/1.ashx

• aquagirl
    aquagirl

Bible fundamentals have no place in my life.I adore most homosexuals that i know.and probably like most gay men better than most 'straight' men that I know.I dont believe that the 'norm' is heterosexuality..Its just another choice.Sorry all of you out there who 'live to spawn',and reproduce..and no,im not gay..Didnt jesus hang out w/young attractive men and eschew female company?hmmmmm.

• delilah
    delilah

I always thought "to each their own"....it didn't bother me. I have some wonderful friends who are gay, and some relatives also. They are incredibly gifted people, loving and kind. A year ago, my teenaged nephew "came out", and I love him as much now, as I ever did. He's a wonderful kid....I don't think about his "orientation", or that of others who are gay. I don't see that part of them. I see their beauty, and the good things they have to offer society.

It's a damn shame, really, that some people are so closed minded.

My JW parents, and his JW mother, on the other hand, are disgusted and distraught over it. His mother makes rude comments to him, and just yesterday, my mother made a stupid remark, that she would wish him to die before Armaggeddon, so that he'll be resurrected...I have never in my life heard anything so ridiculous and hateful.

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

I could care less if someone is gay. If they enjoy their lifestyle, without interfering with mine....live and let live.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

I know many gays, some are my best friends and I am convinced it is genetic and natural. Therefore I can not accept it as a sin or perversion.

Try these sites http://www.gayxjw.org/

http://www.gayxjw.org/bible.html is an interesting look at what the Bible says about same sex relations.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I personally think a lot of homosexuality is due to immaturity. This kind of person is usually childish in other ways as well. I think these usually outgrow it, but shouldn't be rushed.

Another major reason for it, which is common in the Tower, is the lack of opportunity to meet the opposite sex. This also happens in the military, where there are fewer rules against it (which is why it is more open there). Our society tends to set certain people aside and keep them from meeting the opposite sex, and that should be outright banned. Using this kind of force to make a naturally straight person turn gay should not be tolerated. Notably, the Watchtower Society does this all the time.

And then there are those who are gay because of genetics or from having their hormones messed up when they were little. Many of the poisons put in today's food, pesticides, phthalates from plastic, and pollutants are to blame for this. Notably, there are many prescription drugs that can have this effect and it isn't noticed. In cases where the problem can be prevented, it should since homosexuality is but one of the effects. (Many of the same substances will ruin the liver). However, if it has passed that point, or if the condition is genetic, no effort should be made to "cure" the homosexuality. If the person can have any poisons cleansed, general health might be improved and there is a chance that the homosexuality will change. However, in general, it will not and there is little that can be done to make the person naturally straight.

Forcing naturally straight people to go gay is wrong, whether by force or by cutting off the opposite sex. It is also wrong to force naturally gay people to go straight, regardless of whether it is genetic or due to those poisons that are too common in our environment. In the latter case, by all means cleanse the poisons out for improvement in general health. However, there is a very good chance that such a person will remain naturally gay and that should be their freedom.

One thing I do think: For gay people to force naturally straight people to do gay sex is bad.

• gabriella
    gabriella

I say to each their own and I know some very kind, loving same-sex couples. However, I don't necessarily agree with the public parades and teachers not being allowed to define a family is a "father, mother and children" without being sued. Civil unions sound like a good way for same sex couples to have access to rights such as adding each other to medical insurance, ect. I feel that marriage should stay defined as a bond between a man and a woman. It's not because I want to see our freedom of choice taken away and I'm NOT a Republican, but I think that it is very confusing for kids to grow up without knowing that marriages generally produce children and that men and women usually are attracted to one another and become a pair. I think it could create some real gender identity issues to tell them that they must grow up and decide if they want to be a "husband" or a "wife". Just my two cents.

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw
    I think that it is very confusing for kids to grow up without knowing that marriages generally produce children and that men and women usually are attracted to one another and become a pair. I think it could create some real gender identity issues to tell them that they must grow up and decide if they want to be a "husband" or a "wife"

You can produce children without marraige. Heterosexual people are atttracted to one another because that's what attracts them. On the other homosexual people are attracted to the same sex. It has nothing to do with reproduction. I also don't thing just because a couple in homosexual that their children will have an identity issues.

It is 2007, can we get out of the dark ages on this one?? Homosexuality is not a choice!!

nj

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit