Back to the topic - I am in love with a JW

by LindaLu 37 Replies latest social relationships

• jgnat
    jgnat

Sorry to hear what you were put through, Cherish. You might get some comfort from Steve Hassan's books. www.freedomofmind.com The man who broke up with you was the put-on Witness personality, not the man you fell in love with.

It is just so hard to put an end to it though! :(

LindaLu, do you have any other hobbies? I'm thinking distraction, even some casual dating, might help.

• BFD
    BFD

Sorry you're going through this LindaLu. But all that comes to my mind is a line from a movie....

Run, Forest, RUN!

BFD

• Vernon Williams
    Vernon Williams

Welcome to this site: I know you will enjoy the "company."

There was a young man that was posted a post when I first "came aboard," here, and he had the opposite problem: he was dating a young JW woman.

I told him it was like a Disney movie and he had fallen in love with a "mermaid." I admitted one fact from the illustrations I had seen: the top half is absolutely great, however, it is that "taily" bottom half that presents a problem......

You have fallen in love with a merman: unless you have somending to this story you are.....well.....

screwed. (sorry, I could not come up with another word that is softer....harder...yes.....)

My advice, based on forty years with the JWs: Run. Flee. Abandon Ship. Scoot. Go away.

Gotta go....might comment later...

V

PS: Did I say: "Run like Baptist Hell?....."

• Fe2O3Girl
    Fe2O3Girl

There must be a huge number of "faithful, commited" JWs stringing along "worldly" boyfriends and girlfriends.

Here is a link to a collection of threads on this topic:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/32/77159/1.ashx

• goaly host
    goaly host

I will not go into detail as it is too complicated but I am besotted with a beautiful JW girl who has told me without reserve that we have no future together because of her beliefs and family situation. Neither of us can give the other up though we have tried but we are pathetic apart and separation lasts only minutes or hours. We are both leading shady double lives becuase of the situation. Were she not a JW we would now be together. I know she is going against everything her beliefs stand for by seeing me. One day I hope one of us will be big enough to finish it.

• reneeisorym
    reneeisorym

A man fell in love with me and converted to get to marry me. It was hell on earth. 5 years later we divorced and THEN I figured out that JWs were not the true religion. Then I hated my ex-husband for lieing to me and not being truthful about what he did for years. Point is: RUN now ....

• Cherish
    Cherish

Thanks for your words jgnat. I will definatly have a look at the web site and see if i can get hold of the books. Im still very cut up about it all.

• Phil
    Phil

Just keep in mind, when you marry a Jehovahs Witness you marry the Watchtower promarily. They call the shots.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit