I'M CONFUSED

by nvrgnbk 56 Replies latest jw friends

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

I've got my issues like everybody else. Good days and bad days. Ups and downs.

But there is something I can't relate to and simply will never understand.

That is:

WHY ARE SOME POSTERS SO UNAPOLOGETICALLY RUDE AND ARROGANT?

Don't they realize that this only alienates people and does nothing to support their arguments?

The weird thing is, some of them are probably even decent and kind people in real life.

I try to understand human nature, but I just don't get this.

Am I the only one?

• blondie
    blondie

Some people are just being true to their IRL selves. Others morph into a self on the internet because of seeming anonymity and no responsibility for their actions. I try not to be rude reminding myself I defeat my purpose of gaining a hearing ear........crap

I guess it depends on the goal of the poster in the end.

I tend to be snide at times.

• jelcat8224
    jelcat8224

I'm with you nvr!! I personally stop reading the posts when they start getting like that. I think it is easy for people to behave differently online than they would otherwise. I'm sure I am not free from guilt in this matter. I just find it is better for me to walk away from the discussion rather than allow myself to be sucked into the behavior, you know?

jelcat

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

I tend to be snide at times.

You're funny Blondie! You have to be one of the kindest, most dignified and respectful posters on JWD.

• theinfamousone
    theinfamousone

we can all be pricks... some of us just are naturally always pricks... i know sometimes it doesnt make sense, but hey what can you do... i mean i used to work retail, and some people truly believe that berating others and yelling makes them seem smarter and makes their point stronger.... ITS BS but some are weird

the infamous one

• greendawn
    greendawn

It's because of the anonymity unlike in real life there are no possible consequences for being rude, at worst they will get stricken off but can re-register unperceived under a different username. You just ignore them.

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Well since I travel and vist Apostafests occasionally, I always try to be nice to people. I guess if some people have no intentions of making friends in person, then they feel more free to say what they want.

Here is something I've discovered. I've seen some very angry posters on these boards, and whenever I've had the opportunity to call them on the phone, they are usually the most mild mannered people Ive spoken with.

• poppers
    poppers

NVR - did you get my pm? Just checking.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk
    Here is something I've discovered. I've seen some very angry posters on these boards, and whenever I've had the opportunity to call them on the phone, they are usually the most mild mannered people Ive spoken with.

Interesting observation Junction-Guy.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk
    NVR - did you get my pm? Just checking.

Actually, no. I was looking for one. Has not arrived as of yet.

Thanks very much for asking poppers.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit