New Release: "Come Be My Follower"

by truthseeker 27 Replies latest jw friends

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

You know what's sad? By the time the convention rolls around, the "Come" book is old news for us apostates.

• AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega
    Leolaia said
    AlphaOmega....This one is even better:

*** w59 5/1 p. 269 pars. 6-7 Attain Completeness in the New World Society ***

The whole body under the direction of the head moves and acts as a beautifully co-ordinated unit, perfectly organized. In the same way Christ, the Head, employs the organization that is his body to carry out his assigned work. His orders reach the whole of the organization on earth through the governing body, and on down through the Branches to the congregations.—1 Cor. 12:12-18; Matt. 24:45-47. To hold to the headship of Christ, it is therefore necessary to obey the organization that he is personally directing. Doing what the organization says is to do what he says. Resisting the organization is to resist him.

WOW ! No algebra needed there then !

Thank you for that - I don't think that I have that bound volume, but I'll check and post some scans. Maybe Atlantis will beat me to it.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Delightful

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

needproof

More vomit from the bottoms of the writing department.

My reaction to the new release (which I have not seen yet)? alt

There is still a writing department? I thought the last of the Bethelites left were just cleaning out old files in Crooklyn and trucking them to Walkill and reformatting and rebinding them on those fancy presses up in Walkill.

Was there ever a writing department? All the Borg does is regurgitate this crap every 7 years or so (and seemingly more often now in the cycle.)

SnakesInTheTower (of the sick of the SSDD (Same SH*T Different Day) Sheep Class)

• observador
    observador

"The rampant wars, crime, terror, disease, earthquakes and famines that have afflcited modern man remind us that Jesus is ruling in heaven right now."

To anyone but a dyed-in-the-wool dub, this has got to sound ridiculous. It makes Jesus sound like an inept ruler worse than Bush (hard to imagine, but yes).

There is an even more ridiculous statement that makes no sense whatsoever to anyone, except to the most die-hard JW:

When Jesus' rule began, "war broke out in heaven." The result? Satan and his demons were hurled to the earth, triggering an era of woe.

Let me see: so when a war broke out in heaven, there was nowhere else in the whole universe to send Satan to but the Earth?!!! Even my seven year old niece can't comprehend that one.

Observador.

• sf
    sf

"While I'm away, I've left these clowns in charge."

• parlay
    parlay

Constantly making more books filled with regurgitated rhetoric reminds me of the warning at Ecclesiastes 12:12.

" As regards anything besides these, my son, take a warning: To the making of many books there is no end, and much devotion [to them] is wearisome to the flesh."

But of course this doesn't apply to the WBTS and their endless book production.

And as always, due to their blantant double standards, neither do their constant condemnations don't apply to them, although anyone that hasn't subjugated their ability to think and reason can see the obvious hypocricy .

w0010/1p.10BibleReading—ProfitableandPleasurable***

"One might add that the reading of many books published today is not only wearisome to the flesh but, frankly, dangerous to the mind."

w9911/15p.22AreYouFulfillingYourWholeObligationtoGod?***

"Well, compared with Jehovah’s Word, the endless volumes of this world contain mere human reasoning. Much of this thinking reflects the mind of Satan the Devil. (2 Corinthians 4:4) Therefore, "much devotion" to such secular material produces little of lasting value. In fact, a great deal of it can be spiritually detrimental."

How do you harmonize that with this?

***g981/8p.11HowYouCanCopeWiththeInformationAge***

"You could also consider limiting yourself to no more than a certain number of hours on the Internet each week, or at least balancing the amount of time spent online with an equal amount of time reading books."—DataSmog—SurvivingtheInformationGlut

Oh I see. The internet can be easily used to unveil the lever pulling wizard behind the curtain, and that has to be prevented at all cost. Therefore reading books is a good thing afterall, unless it CoC of course.

• ex-nj-jw

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit