Inspected a jw's car saw nwt and did some witnessing to him

by hambeak 15 Replies latest jw friends

• hambeak
    hambeak

A young man came in for his state vehicle inspection today and I noticed a nwt on the seat. I asked him if he was a jw and replied yes. He then asked if I was and replied I used to be but now am a full fledged apostate. He wasn't sure what that meant so I explained. The poor guy has been so brainwashed I thought he was going to be physically ill. I told him to read a book called Crisis of Conscience but don't let the dubs know and after you read it see then what you think of an org. that will lie to you and try to get mind control over you and yours. He said he would think about it since he has defied his dad and is going to college. Good for him.

• kls*
    kls*
    Good for him.

And good for you Good job

• Honesty
    Honesty

It usually only takes a few weeks to completely dismantle Watchtower theology to a mind that is not completely closed.

• horrible life
    horrible life

My poor nephew. Why did you have to go straight to Crisis of Conscience!!! Wasn't there an easier way! Oh Hammy, is he at least coming back for a return visit, so you can check up on him?

• penny2
    penny2
    he has defied his dad and is going to college

There's hope for him then. Good on you hambeak, taking the opportunity to "give a witness". It's comments like yours that will stick in his mind, even if he doesn't do anything about it in the short term.

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

There were so many times when a dub's car came in for service and I wanted to say something to the person, but decided against it. I figure one of these people might recognize me from my grandparents, and then I would be in deep ish...

• Quandary
    Quandary

Hambeak- Sounds to me like this would be an excellent experience of "informal witnessing" to share at the next CA, Saturday after lunch during the 15 minute "Experiences" part. Good Job!!!

Q

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

You know, you can count that on your monthly service report.

• horrible life
    horrible life

Sparkplug, Hambeak, or any Dallas area Texan:

My nephew really does live in the Dallas area. Don't know where though. Last I knew, he worked for a chain of convenience stores, as a computer geek. He is 20 years old, His elder dad kicked him out, after finding a It's a Girl cigar hiding in a memento box.

What are the names of chains in Dallas? Last I saw him, he was blonde, and cute.

I thought I might stop in and ask around, next time I am in Dallas area.

• dawg
    dawg

I would have been better if you could have gotten his e-mial and sent him info yourself. We are real close to destroying this org... I'm telling you all they are going down for the count that's why the DC is full of talks about loyality. Let's resolve in our minds to witness to the witnesses and never back down.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit