"But he wasn't a REAL Christian!"

by FireNBandits 37 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• FireNBandits
    FireNBandits

Hi Smellsgood. Wow. I didn't know that about The Family/COG. I never read the scandals. I heard rumors and innuendo, but never any testimony. Well, I stand corrected. Thank you for the info, and especially for the compliment. I tried to paste my enlarged photo so you could see a bit more wear and tear on this nearly fifty-four year old face. However, I was unable to get it to transfer to this page. I will admit to dying my gray hair blonde, which used to be its natural color. Thanks again. Martin

• choosing life
    choosing life

Fire and Bandits,

There is no us and them. we are all the same really.

Cheers, Chooesing Life

• FireNBandits
    FireNBandits

Hi Choosing Life...in the grave there is no "us and them" but in everyday life there is. Try walking around...oh...say...Nine Mile and Mack in Detroit...or waviong your flag in the middle of Baghdad. I too have ideals to work toward the realization of, but it doesn't blind me to reality. Mrtin

• smellsgood
    smellsgood

Martin, You're older than my Dad !! :) But, unlike him, at least you still HAVE some hair to bleach! It's ok, I bleach mine too. And I swear I'm not trying to stroke your ego (I am vehemently opposed to doing it with guys...it always seems they think the world of themself already) but, honestly I thought by looking at your teensy avatar photo that you were 24-25. I'm shocked! You must have been a hottie! You're welcome.

• choosing life
    choosing life

Hi Fire and Bandits,

I know there are problems in the real world. I just dislike all the stories of the mind that we use so often to separate ourselves from each other.

By the way, is that you in the picture? You kind of look like someone I used to know years ago who was a jw.

Cheers, Choosing Life

• FireNBandits
    FireNBandits

Thank you again smellsgood! Most people think I'm in my mid thirties, at least since I started dying my hair. My ego, as to my physical self, is not overly large. I eat correctly and work out three to four times a week and am careful to not get too much sun. Nordic background and all that,

Thank you again for the kind words, you made me smile.

Martin

• FireNBandits
    FireNBandits

Hi Choosing Life. Yes, that's me. All five feet eleven and one quarter inches and 178 pounds, The photo was taken this past January. I stuck my left hand out the car window and snapped a pic. It came out much better than expected so I used it.

I agree that we use words to divide us rather than to unite us, but when we become aware, as you and I are, the war is pretty much over, for us at least.

Ciao for now,
    Martin

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

"....there are the biggies in Christianity, we all know them, they sweat at the pulpit, usually wear rings and a Rolex (much like Jesus)"

Indeed:

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit