Watching the World- church steeples used for cell phone equipment

by OnTheWayOut 15 Replies latest watchtower bible

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Good. That's $74,000 per year per church that is not going to protect the pedophiles within the Watchtower Society or silence their victims. That's $74,000 that is not going to help spread the work into Nigeria, China, or Bangladesh. And of course, that's $74,000 that will not help them recapture someone that really wants out.

• greendawn
    greendawn

It's the typical JW propaganda against other religions, they themselves seem to be a commercial enterprise that makes money out of pretending to be a religious organisation with high spiritual aspirations, perpetrating an elaborate deception against their followers.

As for money not being desirable it's not for a multibillion dollar corporation to say something like this, the idea is: serve jehovah and ignore material wealth.

• Jourles
    Jourles

OH! I just remembered! --- At WT farms in Walkill, their water tank is home to a Sprint/Nextel cellsite. I wonder how much they are making off of S/N to cover NW Pine Bush? If I find the picture I have of it, I will post it.

• DocBob
    DocBob
    Watching the World (articles at the back of AWAKE! mags) are usually offered
    with no comments. This one is no acception. It is from the April 2007 AWAKE!

Funny - we were just talking about these two Watching the World snippets at a gathering of exJWs yesterday. This is another example of the WT presenting information that the rank and file JW will assume is typical of all churches. They present the best examples of JWs and the worst examples of "Christendom" and "the world" as though they were typical of the whole.

As a contrast - several years ago the phone company approached my church asking if they could rent a small space in our basement for some switchgear for which they would pay very well. The church declined their offer. When the church was started about 20 years ago, the congregation decided that all the money to operate the church would come from donation from members and those who attened the church - no bingo, no bake sales, no commercial involvement whatsoever.

Jourles - is there any documentation about the cell tower at WT Farm? That would be a good thing to remind them of in a flood of letters, put on web sites, hmmmm, maybe a You-Tube video :-)

• TJ - iAmCleared2Land
    TJ - iAmCleared2Land

Jourles - is there any documentation about the cell tower at WT Farm? That would be a good thing to remind them of in a flood of letters, put on web sites, hmmmm, maybe a You-Tube video :-)

Here's a picture I took with my own hands in March 2005... seems it's TRUE!

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

I wonder if they'll stop using their mobile phones now - can't be seen to be aiding "satan's Kingdom" now, can we...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit