The bros. at ground 0

by tdogg 21 Replies latest jw friends

• ARoarer
    ARoarer

I bet when they go in there they don't carry pictures of thier literature depicting burning buildings, people laying on the ground dying and JW's smiling with the devastation in the background. They are just taking advangtage of the vernerability of these tired weary men who are literally crushed in spirit. That is when JW's strike, when someone is at their lowest, most vulnerable state. Then the zero in with their cult propaganda not mentioning the dark side of the Watchtower message of Taliban-like thinking.

• pettygrudger
    pettygrudger

Aroarer - you are so right!!! Lol - what happens when they can't find a Watch/Awake w/o the pictures to give to the weary souls?!!!!!!

I am sure if this were even true the back lash would be severe. In fact, I think if they are getting a "surge" of new followers, the WTBTS will have to find a way to curb the disturbing pics. Could you imagine a new sheep who had recently lost a loved on in the attacks seeing something like that?!!!

• bboyneko
    bboyneko

If im a rescue worker breathing a mixture of 70% oxygen, 10% abestos and 20% ash, id prefer the bottled water over a sermon anyday.
    -Dan

• ARoarer
    ARoarer

I agree, pettygrudger, they will have to curb the graphic pictures of death and destruction to non witnesses. I started a thread regarding the WT fulfilling thier own prophecies. I was hoping to get more of a response because this question has been on my mind but I don't feel like going into it all again on this thread. But I would really like some input. Sometimes the WT programming all comes back to me when I least expect it and the questions come. I would help if I got some answers to some of the questions I have been mulling around in my head.

• myMichelle
    myMichelle

Uh-huh.

If this little story is true, I wonder why the brothers didn't share a recent WT article with them. I think it would have been more honest of them to show how the WT Organization really feels about those hundreds of rescue workers who lost their lives on Sept. 11th.

From a post I made a while ago on the Feb 15, 2000 WT, page 6:

Apparently a dozen police officers and volunteer firefighters lost their lives when this volcano erupted. The author(s) called them “well-meaning men and women who are immersed in improving this world”, but then asked the question “is it reasonable to make oneself ‘a friend of the world’ by trying to save a worldwide system that God is determined to eliminate?”.

The article belittled the sacrifice of these rescue workers, why would the Org feel any differently about the sacrifice of the hundreds of NY rescue workers? I bet the friends and co-workers of the deceased NY workers would find a lot of "comfort" from this article. {heavy sarcasm there for any who missed it}

Michelle, a firefighter's daughter

• pettygrudger
    pettygrudger

that's so true michelle - & so sad. This does raise an ugly question, and should be highlighted in other forums for people to see the JW's true stance on "worldy" rescue efforts. How hypocritical can you get!!!!

• bboyneko
    bboyneko

michelle im glad you reposted that, i didnt realize the WT had mad such evil comments.

• nytelecom1
    nytelecom1

actually this story was read from the platform,along with some others which was read, from the Bethel table.......so.....

• Rex B13
    Rex B13

I got this same story from my dad. I also promptly squashed it as the turd it is. It's oh so easy to point out the flaws and self-adulation in this story.
    Rex

• dins
    dins

I read that and wanted to gag..as usual, the JWs are "on the scene" at yet another disaster, or so they say. I remember similar articles a while back after the tragic earthquake in Japan....seemed like the JWs saved the day there too! GAG!!!

Funny, how they always get such a good reception at these hearsay things, while the rest of the world just slams the door in their faces....

Diana

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit