I'm not taking this crap from no one fooled by the WT

by dawg 19 Replies latest jw friends

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Dawg:

The poster who told you to watch your blood pressure and health is right. Nobody wants you to drop dead. Then the JWs would say: "see what happens when....."

Also, try to look as businesslike and dignified as possible if you are going public or picketing outside the hall - just like they do. The reason I say this is because when the original expose show was on several years ago, an elder in my hall criticized how the ex-JWs looked (freaky, tattoos). He said: who's going to listen to them? Remember, you want to appeal to the people who are still in. They'll be afraid if you look too "worldly".

LHG

• done4good
    done4good

As I said on my thread, this idea of yours inspired me to write my letter. Yes, if even a fraction of us did the same, we could make more than a dent!

To everyone else, if it's in your power to do so, do it!!! Not everyone can, for various reasons, that's OK. For the rest of us who may have the "luxury" of doing so, please give it some thought.

j

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

Dawg,

A passion for something is a wonderful thing. Your hurt and anger are focused. Whatever comes of your efforts, let the results be what they will - it is the process that is important. Of course, if you happen to bring down the WTS at the same time, I will be sending you a case of expensive champagne! And a jar of olives!

• dawg
    dawg

ex-nj-jw... Thanks for your comments, If you need any of us I'm sure I can speak for us all in saying that we'll be there.

Openmind-I'm red headed, what do you expect other than high blood pressure!

Infomousone-You may be right but what the hell, what i was doing clearly wasn't working

Lonhairedgirl-thanks for your comment

Bizzybee-we all must work together now I smell blood in the water. Together we can make this happen.

• Vernon Williams
    Vernon Williams

When I meet most JWs, I walk up and ask: "Are you speaking or shunning?"

I am going ot experment with a little bit more aggression.....should be interesting.

Here is a wierd deal: I hardly EVER see any local witnessess. I thought I would be constantly running into them: do not.

One of the things that surprised me the most about the JWs is this: They have NO, I repeat. NOOOOOO.......impact on the local community. None. They are completely irrelevent.

Later,

V PS: is there a spell check on this deal??

• greendawn
    greendawn

They don't have any imact because by now the public has realised what they stand for with the blood ban, shunning of ex members, the lack of any real charity work and the numerou sfailed predictions about the end. Almost everyone seems to realise that this is a bogus religion with some very weird ideas.

• horrible life
    horrible life

Dawg, Please post some of your letters, so we can plagiarize them. I have a few people I would love to send letters to. You also reminded me of a saying, that I didn't even know where it was from. So I had to Google it. Enjoy, and feel it empower you even more.

http://www.americanrhetoric.com/MovieSpeeches/moviespeechnetwork2.html

• Quandry
    Quandry

O.K., I'll add my two cent's worth also.

I just finished watching the video of Bill Bowan of Silent Lambs in front of a KH in Kentucky, I think. He looked personable, well groomed, and was not loud. He was on the local news and looked as though he could be taken seriously.

Remember that there are children going into KHs. If you shout or curse, many will turn away quickly thinking you are some sort of pervert or crazy. You know how they feel that everyone that leaves hits bottom, and is drug-crazed and loony.

Just a thought as I know how I thought about those who picketed Halls previously. But I couldn't understand the ones that looked nice, smiled and waved,and it disturbed me. Inside it made me wonder about the way the WTs portrayed "apostates" when they didn't seem to fit the image.

If you can keep your cool, it may affect someone who is just attending or someone who has begun to have doubts.

Hope you have a great day at it.....

• flipper
    flipper

I agree about being presentable, polite and calm... I swear a lot of JW's are actually shocked (or don't believe) that you did't go insane when you left the church, that you aren't having sex with everyone and their brother, don't do drugs, stay out of jail. Dawg, very cool what you're doing....now that I realize how dangerous and crazy this cult is I want to do what I can to educate people. My friends have to listen to it...but so far they have been kind of fascinated - like me, they had no idea how extreme the jws are. flipper

• kool aid man06
    kool aid man06

Good suggestions given as far as how to look.. Keep calm and focus on your objective. If you send your e-mail address to

the sixscreensofthewatchtower they will send you a copy of the brochure 'Jehovah's Witnesses are a dangerous cult". so you can make copies and hand them out wherever you can. Keep up the good work!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit