LOST *spoiler* questions??

by Bob Loblaw 19 Replies latest social entertainment

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon

Why did the shutdown code call Penelope?

• jelcat8224
    jelcat8224

The shut down code didn't call Penelope. It's just that when the jamming equipment was turned off her call was able to get through. (it alerted Charlie of an INCOMING call)

Now remember, when the hatch blew up there was a signal put out, and those guys in what looked to be a research facility in antarctica saw the island's positon on their radar screen for a brief moment due to all the electromagnetic force that was put out. They then proceeded to call Penny to tell her that they may have located Desmond. What I think, is that since that day she has been putting out a frequency to that area in the hopes of being able to pick somehting up, and when Charlie disabled the jamming equipment, her signal was able to be picked up.

jelcat

• justsomedude
    justsomedude

On Jack's Father - He tried to use a perscription from his Dad, though obviously fake, and then there was the mention of getting his father downstairs at the hospital. - Is he really alive (thanks to the island?), or is Jack losing his mind?

On the funeral - I dont know if Ben or Locke would leave the island willingly. After killing whats her name, Locke split pretty quick. I'm betting he wont be showing up for the rescue. Michael maybe?

• daystar
    daystar

With as small a chap as Charlie is, he probably could have fit through that porticullis.

Brigid and I also noted that the coffin looked pretty small, like for a child or a small woman. Ben's pretty short though.

Mikhail the terminator? What about Locke? Geesh, dude. (Also surprised they brought back Walt, who seemed to have aged four years in the past... month? of Lost time.)

And... I mentioned this early in the to Brigid. Naomi seems a bit too at ease on the island. She's not amazed about being there and what's going on. Also, Penny didn't send that ship. Someone else did. Possibly Ben was telling the truth, or some bit of truth?

Maybe the flash forward is a dream? Jack's dad raised from the dead? And what was up with Kate's makeup in the flash forward?

• hemp lover
    hemp lover

"And what was up with Kate's makeup in the flash forward?"

I think her makeup was so noticeable because she's not wearing any on the island. She looked really different - just as hot as ever. I love her.

• free2beme
    free2beme

Charlie was killed off for some lame reason. He is a hobbit for gods sake, he could have easily swam out that window. Here is how,

You would have to wait until the room was at it's last breath to prevent the least amount of current coming in. Then you would take your last breath and force your way threw and swim like hell for the surface. Wow, took a rocket scienctist to figure that out.

Also, there was a huge room on the other side of the door. With diving equipment. As slow as that water was coming in, they could have set back and put on the SCUBA gear and take a piss, read the lastest newspaper. Stretched. Then swim up to the surface. Yeah, lame!

As for the whole future thing, that looked to be linked to Locke saying "You were not suppose to do that Jack!" All the more opening up new questions for next year. Just have to say, the more the series goes on, the more I find myself not wanting to watch it on the regular schedule night and just watch it when the season 3 DVD comes out. I did miss a lot of them this year.

• Xena
    Xena

I can't imagine them being totally done with Charlie. I noticed they mentioned the code being designed by a musician, struck me as something to remember for later..

I just figured Jack was drunk when he shouted for them to get his dad and lying when he said the Rx was from his dad.

I picked Locke for the funeral guy. Kate said something about "him" waiting for her so I'm thinking she hooks up with Sawyer ergo it isn't him in the casket. Juilet is a good guess though, I did wonder where she went as she and Jack seemed rather cosy.

Kate was missing her freckles from the island sun. She is cute either way though.

Kudos to Hurley for saving the day, I loved that part!

PS much better than the ending for Heros, wtf is up with Peter...fly Peter FLY

• blondie
    blondie

I don't think Charley is dead; he got out some how.

Did anyone have any comments on what the developers said in the first hour?

Blondie (on her new computer courtsey her hubbie Irreverent to make up for the cancelled trip).

• free2beme
    free2beme
    PS much better than the ending for Heros, wtf is up with Peter...fly Peter FLY

I agree, what a disappointment that fanile was. Made me not even look forward to next season. Save the cheerleader, save the world ... I did not get the tie in. LAME ALARM!

• Athanasius
    Athanasius

It was an interesting finale, especially the flash forwards, which I thought were flashbacks until the scene of a stewed Jack in his messed up apartment with all the charts and maps on the floor. That made me suspicious. Of course when he met Kate at the airport, that confirmed it. When she told Jack the "he" will wonder where she is, I also thought she had hooked up with Sawyer. But what happened to Juliette? Was she killed during the rescue or did she stay behind? Was that why Jack used Oceanic's Gold Card to take a free flight over the Pacific every weekend so he could get back to the island should the plane crash?

Who was in the coffin? Could it be Walt? Walt had special powers and could have led them back to the island. Or could it be Rose? Remember Rose had cancer which was cured when they crashed on the island. If she was forced to leave the island maybe the cancer returned and she died. Since Jack was the leader and didn't listen to Ben and Locke's warnings, no doubt he felt responsible for her death, adding to his guilt trip.

I think Desmond will somehow save Charlie next season. Regarding Mikail, the concussion from the grenade blast would have killed a normal person, but he doesn't appear to be an ordinary guy.

Since Penelope didn't send anyone for Desmond, are the people on the ship 18 miles out part of the Dharma Initiative seeking revenge on Ben and the others?

Will just have to wait until next season.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit