LOST *spoiler* questions??

by Bob Loblaw 19 Replies latest social entertainment

• Bob Loblaw
    Bob Loblaw

Why did Charlie have to die? Why couldn't he have swam out of that window? He was such a good character. ...and whose funeral did Jack go to? ...and apparently the flashback wasn't a flashback. They got off the island?

• CaptainSchmideo
    CaptainSchmideo

B@$st@rds!B@$st@rds!B@$st@rds!B@$st@rds!B@$st@rds!B@$st@rds!B@$st@rds!

They killed off a good character for no flipping reason!

My kids were incredibly upset, and I'm not real happy either.

I hope I've cooled off by next January or whenever, buy right now I'm pretty friggin' angry!!!!!

• Scully
    Scully

Charlie didn't have to die, I agree. I think he felt that he was fulfilling his destiny to help everyone get rescued - and that was Desmond's doing. But why won't that friggin' Mikhail dude just croak already? He's like the Terminator!

I also thought Jack was having flashbacks initially, until the end of the episode and realized that it was all flashes forward. I was wondering whose funeral it was too... he said it was neither "friend" or "family"... so it could have been someone like Ben, who would have died alone back in the real world. The weird thing was how he said to get his father upstairs and "if he's drunker than me, you can fire me!" As if his father wasn't dead anymore???

• jelcat8224
    jelcat8224

Why did Charlie have to die? Why couldn't he have swam out of that window? He was such a good character

That's EXACTLY what I said!! So glad there's someone who thinks like me!! I refuse to believe that Charlie is dead. If you notice, we didnt actually SEE Charlie die. We saw him cross himself ... it was IMPLIED that he died ... but my guess is that next season will pick up right there with him turning around, finding the window, and realizing that he can swim up to the top in a flash.

I don't know who's funeral that was ... and I was quite suprised AND impressed with that little twist at the end. I LOVE how they ended the season. That not being a flash back was perfect. Leaves us all where they want us!

jelcat

• jelcat8224
    jelcat8224

The weird thing was how he said to get his father upstairs and "if he's drunker than me, you can fire me!" As if his father wasn't dead anymore???

Great catch scully ... I didn't even notice that!! Very strange indeed!!

jelcat

• Bob Loblaw
    Bob Loblaw

Skully, I agree,...it was probably Ben's viewing. So apparently Kate and Sawyer are still together in the states. I have to say Kate was looking mighty fine in that last scene.

• Bob Loblaw
    Bob Loblaw

Ok, I retract my statement. Jack stumbles upon someone's obit and he's visually upset. He's emotional. I don't think he would be emotional over Ben's death. In fact, he said he was going to kill him himself. What about Locke though,...or maybe Juliet?

• hemp lover
    hemp lover

The porthole looked too small for Charlie to fit through. BUT here's my hope: Desmond stops futzing with the fire extinguisher and grabs the oxygen tanks and swims around to the window, etc. I'm not giving up yet.

Now we have to wait until next January.

• sir82
    sir82
    The porthole looked too small for Charlie to fit through. BUT here's my hope: Desmond stops futzing with the fire extinguisher and grabs the oxygen tanks and swims around to the window, etc.

Exactly!

Desmond's premonitions / visions merely indicated Charlie had to die....what's to say he can't be resuscitated?

It happened before, in season 1...he was apparently "dead" until Jack managed to revive him. Charlie got blowed up pretty good in the hatch at the end of season 2 as well...he seems to be as indestructible as Mikhail!

So what do you think of Jack's flash - [whatever] ? Was it forward ("we made a mistake, we weren't suposed to leave"), back ("get my father down here"), or a "flash-sideways" to an alternate timeline?

• Scully
    Scully
    Ok, I retract my statement. Jack stumbles upon someone's obit and he's visually upset. He's emotional. I don't think he would be emotional over Ben's death. In fact, he said he was going to kill him himself. What about Locke though,...or maybe Juliet?

At the end it sounded as though Jack wanted to get back to the Island - in that case I could understand him being terribly upset over Ben's death, as though Ben could be the only person to orchestrate a return to the Island. If that was what Jack wanted, and it was no longer possible, I can certainly see him becoming suicidal over it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit