If different races are good, why aren't different religions good?

by JH 8 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

The way I see it, if the JW's say that there is only 1 good religion and it's theirs, then it's like saying that out of all the different races of people on earth, just one race is pure. This sounds racist.

I find it beautiful to see all kinds of people and races and languages, so why not different ways of adoring God?

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

"then it's like saying that out of all the different races of people on earth, just one race is pure. "

no, it's not "like" saying that at all.

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

There was a time when the Watchtower preached that all Religion was a Snare and a Racket. Religion, where did it come from? All mankind are a product of their culture, race and religion depending on where you were born, raised and educated. Life has shown that there is good and bad in all things. Do all roads lead to Rome? Do all Religions lead to God? Where is the Brotherhood of Man?

Blueblades

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

People cant choose their race - they can (albeit with great difficulty) choose their religion

• crankytoe
    crankytoe

I think those are two different issues,

• trevor
    trevor
    If different races are good...

IF?

There is only one race - The Human Race.

There is only one Truth and it exists outside of religion.

• kid-A
    kid-A

People cant choose their race -

Then how did Michael Jackson choose to be a white woman?

• smellsgood
    smellsgood

The way I see it, if the JW's say that there is only 1 good religion and it's theirs, then it's like saying that out of all the different races of people on earth, just one race is pure. This sounds racist.

smellsgood: I don't know if I'd compare religion with race. It's kinda like comparing soda to water. Besides, religion is too often thought of in the whats and that magical doctrinal formula, I would suppose perhaps it would be wiser to look at 'who' rather than 'what.' It seems more the point really.

I find it beautiful to see all kinds of people and races and languages, so why not different ways of adoring God?

smellsgood: Eating with your hands serves the same purpose as eating with utensils, still, there are things that you eat that nourish you, and things that can dissolve your liver.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I dont think your statement is proper. A group of people saying they have the only true religion does not equal

someone saying just one race is pure. And then I ask pure what?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit