Letter to my jw friends

by done4good 17 Replies latest jw friends

• AlanF
    AlanF

Very good, Jason!

Of course, better than 9 out 10 of the people you send this to will quickly have their eyes glaze over and drop dead mentally.

AlanF

• done4good
    done4good

Thanks everyone for your feedback! I wanted to run it by the "experts" on the forum, (everyone here), to see that there was nothing glaringly wrong here. No, I certainly don't expect much of a positive response from anyone that I send this to. I pretty much just decided that people that I care about should know exactly where I stand on matters, whether they agree with me or not. I don't like having to bullshit anyone, (I did enough of that as a jw). As far as using any of the material contained within, have at it, if it is useful to you.

Jason

• TopHat
    TopHat

Thank You for sharing...the NGO issue was well written and very understandable.

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Awesome Jason! If I had a hat I'd take it off to you.

I could particularly relate to the never having been happy part. People keep telling me how radiant and happy I look these days. And I realised I dont think I've been properly happy most of my life. I have been lucky enough to have the odd moment though.

I think the pace and tone of your letter are excellent - colloquial enough so it doesnt come off preachy or like a lecture and with enough "you" in it to make the reader want to continue. Because of course that will be the hardest thing like Namasti says - actually reading it through.

When I was little and used to hear the counsel about throwing away an apostate material that comes in the post I used to worry - how would these evil apostates know where we lived. I never realised then that this counsel was specifically to prevent us reading anything sent by former friends who had left. So sad!

Great great letter and actually chronology - never was my thing either. But you know what? I totally understood your explanation, and thats the first time I grasped that! Thanks!

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

Jason you done something that I wanted to do for all my friends who are still captives of a concept. Maybe some day I will. That is demonstrating your love for them. Your letter gives them pause. At least they will know why you left. Thanks for sharing. You have planted a seed for them to think about.

Blueblades

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

Jason,

Very well written!! I think I will use some of it myself. Trying desperatly to get my friend to wake up!!

nj

• unique1
    unique1

Excellent letter. I hope you get some favorable responses.

Do you really want your cell and email given out to everyone?

• Outaservice
    Outaservice

If 10,000 ex-JW's would write similiar letters, I think a 'dent' could be made in this religious stronghold.

Advertise, Advertise, Advertise.........................

Outaservice

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit