Creationism hiding in plain sight

by FireNBandits 41 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• FireNBandits
    FireNBandits

Hi Moshe. Maybe "God" is a real SOB. That's my take based on my observations and experience of my own life and the lives of everyone else. If there's a God, that God is a real SOB and unworthy of anything but contempt. That's a basic insight of Gnosis.

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

I love it.

Religion goes beyond perceiving the world in a strictly rational, logical way

I agree, religion is illogical an irrational.

science can't perceive god because it is too rational

yep science ain't crack brained enough for god...

What a great argument. The people arguing FOR god are arguing against at the same time!

• press any key
    press any key

greendawn, thought I would have a go at rewriting your sentence
    Religion goes beyond perceiving the world in a strictly rational, logical way. Science is too cerebral to be well balanced on its own.

so you're saying

Religion perceives the world in a strictly irrational, illogical way. Science is too cerebral to have any part in that bunkum so I dont like it.

let me know if I misread your sentiments,

cheers pak ps damn mkr got there first
  • NotaNess
    NotaNess

Crap. Here I go again.

I've said it before, and here it is again.

It's interesting how we can look at science, and evolution and understand it as just plain fact and evidence that there is no God. Science has CLEARLY shown that since the beginning of time on this planet, the single cell organism has developed over the millions of years into what?, millions of species of life all thriving in harmony on this happy little planet. Of all those millions, there was bound to be atleast one form of life that started out as a single cell'r, and has developed into a species that can build objects with tons and tons of metal that floats and soars through the air like a bird. A super lucky life form of all the millions, that knows how to make the best damn cookies and cream ice cream sundae you can imagine. A life form that got to have the love and courage to lay down it's life for another in times of need out of sacrifice and compassion for it's fellow life forms, to build super structures with such engineering like skyscrapers, to have such developed brains that we can save lives, sustain life, and figure out cures for diseases, and so on. MAN, did we get lucky on that part of life huh?! It's all a matter of cell development, time, environmental conditions and adapting to those environments.

Enjoy life for what it is, next time you go on a hike or into the woods or out to a park, suck up all the beauty of nature you can, like the gazillions of colorful flowers, birds and butterflies, or the incredible fish in the seas on a dive. Enjoy it cause "SCIENCE knows", that we're the only life form existing that can truly experience the beauty of it all. All the other inferior life forms could give a crap. When is the last time you saw a chimp arranging his tulips in a row in his garden or planting trees to help the environment because he knows they give off oxygen?

Yes, fellow humans, stand up and be proud you were the scientifically, luckily, just happened to be, by chance chosen species to rule the earth.

Science only? Forget it. Keep slammin us..."darwinites", it's just a lot of noise....(or reading, whatever!) Who want's to have to say "science" more than the word "faith" anyways, it's too long and over rated, more syllables to deal with, it's just plain tiring. Plus the supporters of it just come off as mean and grumpy, just read the previous posts above. The title of this Topic is actually quite right on the money.

(I love this part, now I get to come back and read all the junk they're gonna waist there time typing)

• SirNose586
  • AlanF
    AlanF

What a fine post, FireNBandits! You've captured the essence of what makes agnostics and atheists and doubters of all sorts tick.

No doubt, though, your fine thoughts will be lost on those who would most benefit.

AlanF

• Shepherd Book
    Shepherd Book

FireNBandits, you said: "God cannot be chemically analysed, placed under a microscope, seen in a telescope, placed in a spectrometer, or addressed and tested in any way that science uses to know and understand. Even if there really is a God, God is outside the realm of science. God is not knowable via the scientific method".

I used to think the same thing, then I read "God: the Failed Hypothesis", by Victor Stenger. He manages to make some persuasive arguments that God can be tested (at least the Judeo-Christian God) scientifically, becuase people make empirical claims about Him. People claim that God answers their prayers, for instance, and so those things can be submitted to the scientific method.

• FireNBandits
    FireNBandits

That's really lame Shepherd. The Bible says "I am Yahweh I change not." (Malachi) Show me this god raising the dead, healing people, etc. GIVE ME EMPIRICAL DATA that demonstrates the prayers you speak of are answered. You would need a cross section of people who did not pray about their problems and those who did, and then compare if there is a significant difference in the number of people whose problems were solved. Then you would need to interview each person to see if the problems were solved via natural means, or showed some sort of evidence of supernatural--in other words, nonhuman--intervention. There is no such study and the writer of that book you put so much stock in knows it.

Bring on the EVIDENCE that your Great and Powerful Oz answers prayers!

Why isn't your god still rasing people from the dead and performing miracles? Is he too old to "get it up" supernaturally speaking? What's his prob, man? What's his prob? "Perhaps he is away and had to use the privy."

Hey! Call down fire from heaven on a local chapter of Planned Parenthood! Dance around the building "calling [up}on the name of Jehovah." Surely Jehovah God will answer a humble one such as yourself!

Martin

• FireNBandits
    FireNBandits

Hi Alan. Thank you for the compliment!

You're most likely 100% correct about my words falling on deaf ears. Greater minds with more persuasive pens than mine have tried to break through the meme-induced fog in a fundies mind and have failed.

Martin

• bernadette
    bernadette

hi fireNbandits

I'm a theistsic evolutionst, but I sure as HELL don't want it taught in a science classsroom! WHOSE "creator" are we going to proclaim? There's nothing the least bit scientific about my belief in "theistic" evolution! God is outisde the realm and methodology of science! (Something fundies are unable to either grasp or see the significance of).

I'm curious about what you mean by theistic evolution - care to explain.

thanks

bernadette

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit