where have i been?

by thebiggestlie 12 Replies latest jw friends

• garybuss
    garybuss

Beliefs are conclusions, not decisions. They take time . . . for me, a lifetime.

• Gregor
    Gregor

I haven't read all of the responses, so I may be repeating some things. I have been where you are at 17. You see my age to the left. I did some things right and some things wrong, but I didn't have the advantage you do in recognizing the org. as fallible. Here's my strongly felt opinion. To ease your stress and keep things simple you must establish your goals in TWO (2) categories. You have already subconsciously done this as is revealed in your post. But most important, these TWO (2) objectives must be prioritized. From my point of view you should put things in this order -

#1 - At 17 you should focus on a trade/profession and investigating how to take the first educational steps towards following through. You should also be cautious of falling into a relationship with someone in the org. until you are absolutely sure of where you are going in life.

#2 - In your case, avoiding a big JW based issue coming up in your personal, family life. This is a worthy, second-in-line goal. This may take some skill in acting and being disingenuous. The trick being to keep #2 from interfering with #1 at all costs.

That's all I've got to offer, kid. Best to you.

• thebiggestlie
    thebiggestlie

Wow you'all have made my day seriously. Your concern and genuine advice has always cheered me up...kinda like some distant light at the end of the metaphorical tunnel. And i know there is no magical pill to put me in tthe world of my dreams (psychadelics aside of course lol) and life is an experience that doesnt happen all at once and takes time. I dont have much time to talk right now but i just wanted to say thanks and that it always feels good to be cared about (genuinely and not in the often contrived jw-"brotherly" sense)

Peace

ill keep you psted

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit