What is your biggest problem with the JW religion?

by jambon1 38 Replies latest jw friends

• MariAruet
    MariAruet

It is a dangerous cult

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

I believe it all comes down to one issue, accountability.

Withing the structure of the Watchtower leadership there is no system of checks and balances. No yearly councils where doctrines are debated, positions are taken, ect. No open atmosphere where by no particular group of individuals have absolute authority over the entire operation. The leadership answers to nobody and has no accountability other than things by which they are legally bound.

• MR. BORN AGAIN
    MR. BORN AGAIN

WE'RE RIGHT, YOUR WRONG!!! SHUT UP AND LIKE IT, NO QUESTIONS...IF NOT BE DESTOYED AT ARMAGEDDON

PS WHILE YOUR WAITING TO BE DESTOYED NO ASSOCIATION WITH ANY OF YOUR FAMILY OR LOVED ONES

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

The way they emotionally, socially and spiritually rape families of their inherent 'group-bonding culture' then metaphorically throw them out onto the streets as if they're trash!

Effectively that's how they hold on to most people via fears in conditioning them!

The only fun they appear to have have is excercising arrogance over those who are shunned. Especially when they're determined to effectively split up a family so that they hang on to ones not shunned - who get all the love showers and councel.

It's sick!!!!!!!!!!!

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

That They should offer a HISTORY study of the Society first before offering a free BIBLE study. Those who do a History study on the Society first, don't accept a Bible study after. The society wants to rewrite and ignore their History so they avoid telling it to the onsuspecting and go right into the free Bible study offer. This was my biggest MISTAKE.

If I had knowledge of their History first, I would never had a Bible study after. The Proclaimers book is full of omissions. So, the problem with JW's religion is that they hide what they are and use "THE CARROT" 'you will never die, you can live forever on a paradise earth.' Of cause that is appealing, and the trap is set. They hold thousands if not millions captive because they have not told the truth about their HISTORY.

Blueblades

• Open mind
    Open mind

Muffineggs. Damn those things were constipating after a road trip.

Oh yeah, Jehovah's celestial chariot left those in the dust a long time ago and I'm showing my age.

Ok then, the control thing. Stifling of all creativity, independent thought, debate, non-dub dreams and aspirations.

Open Mind

• greendawn
    greendawn

That it conceals its real nature and deceives people into serving it while believing that they serve god. Also the dictatorial nature of this org with all power concentrated in the hands of very few people who are exremely inept in formulating doctrine and administering, as well as unreceptive to all advice and correction.

• The Oracle
    The Oracle

Well said Aligot Ripounsous,

I do believe that in about 10 years the JW climate will be decidedly different as a new generation is exposed to higher learning and the internet.

The degradation from within has already begun and is picking up steam.

The ivory tower is crumbling, and I for one am eagerly looking to help those, who are even now emerging from the rubble, and jumping from the windows.

Educate Educate Educate! The new battle cry for young JWs everywhere!

A mind is a terrible thing to waste.

Sincerly,

The Oracle

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk
    That it still exists.

I know I posted that on page one of this thread, but I was really hoping it would be gone by the time we got to page two.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit