Ups (finishing grad school) and downs (doc visits) ...I'm scared... :(

by asleif_dufansdottir 15 Replies latest jw friends

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I really hope it is nothing bad.

Slim

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

now's the time to really learn how to comfort yourself, so you don't become so stressed you freak out. Go ahead and tell your friends and husband and let them listen to your fears. Go somewhere pretty where they keep refilling your iced tea, and relax. Breathe...it's a while until the 30th so take it one day at a time. What a lot of stuff to happen all at once!! I'm thinking about you and I hope you keep us posted on the details. It's actually good for you to unload - so tell us all about it. Hortensia

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Congratulations on finishing your education! You should be so proud of your accomplishment:)

As to the medical issues-don't panic. I had a biopsy for breast lumps a few years ago-I have lumpy lymph nodes. Jeez. And most colon issues can be resolved rather simply, especially if caught early. Most 'scares' are just that-scares. I hope that is all you are having here. My thoughts are with you--take some deep breaths and do things that make you happy. The body is able to do a lot of self healing no matter what the problem is. Have a good outlook and you will have a better outcome.

Shelly

• juni
    juni

(((Asleif)))

restrangled said:

Please keep in mind that DR's these days request tests to protect their own hind ends from lawsuits

This is sooooo true!! Have you thought of getting a second opinion since your doctor freaked out needlessly and unprofessionally? That is just uncalled for.

I'm very cautious when it comes to doctors and their advice. Most insurances allow you to obtain a second opinion when it comes to having surgery.

I just had all of my "woman" checkups and a lot of blood work done last Wednesday and am waiting for all of the results. If mine came back as yours, I would seek a second opinion if anyone was talking of surgery.

Congratulations on attaining your Master's Degree. That is one huge accomplishment!! You must be very proud of yourself!

Love, Juni

• asleif_dufansdottir
    asleif_dufansdottir

Well, after a few days of really paying attention, I have to admit that my hemorrhoids really do bother me, but I have been managing to ignore/dismiss it for a long time. I have been having what I will euphamistically refer to as 'digestive disturbances' for a long time, so I don't really think the concern is that unwarranted, at this point. I just hate going to doctors and have a generous capacity for ignoring health issues (not good but as we've never had much money that's always been a concern).

I can't get in for the second mammogran until the last week of June As much as I hate going to doctors I like *waiting* to do so even less. Especially when I will almost certainly have no health insurance after Aug 1.

Thanks, everyone. Your good wishes have brought me to tears.

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

I wish that you could find a job that has benefits where the medical insurance starts the next month after hire! Is that possible? Most nursing jobs have insurance the month after hire. It's just a thought. . . I've been too tired to work, who am I to say.

Congratulations on getting your Master's! I only have 18 hour of graduate courses!

Hopefully, it's just a fatty tumor in your breast (I had one of those before., and a internal hemorrhoid? I never had hemorrhoids so I don't know how they feel; but my husband says that his were *hell*. He had his surgically removed years and years ago!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit