Did You Personally Know of Sex Offenders In The Congregation?

by minimus 59 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I knew of 1 person that should've been reported to the authorities for fooling around with his sisters when he was an older teen and they were much younger. It was hushed up by the elders, as this was considered a very prominent family. The allegations were made probably 20 years ago, well before I was ever in that Hall

I'm curious as to whether YOU personally knew of such cases. Were they prevalant in your congregation??

• ninja
    ninja

hmmmmmm...sex offenders.....nope only five

• J-ex-W
    J-ex-W

Okay, now I need to know which hall you're talking about, 'cause this is just sounding TOO familiar....!!

Yes...my ex-husband....

At least two of my ex-husband's brothers... (Though, I could honestly believe it's not just three but five of the seven boys...)

Plus my friend's [still] husband........She and I were in the same congregation when she was single, but she moved after she married him. We stayed in touch...and she told me he would paw her all the time and take advantage of the fact that her anti-depression medication would knock her out at night... [You know...the sleep rape thing....]

I'm ashamed to say, she used to hold ME up as an example and tell herself that if I could do it then she could do it. [stay with the husband/ the Org. and 'put up with it' as a good Christian wife 'should'] ...That conversation was a red flag for me, about how bad MY situation was--since I always considered hers really bad...... Last I knew, they were still married...and she was still miserable.......

One that I didn't know personally, but was just like the story of my friend with the anti-depressant medication: One of my closest JW friends told me one of her old JW friends divorced her husband for the same thing (unscripturally, of course).

So...that makes one that I know firsthand...and two that I know from HIS mouth...two more that I know from two other people's mouths...and two that I have reason to suspect (brothers of the one I know firsthand....

So that makes FIVE I KNOW of...and TWO MORE I SUSPECT........... total 7 ?

• wednesday
    wednesday

yes more than one. Crimes included rape, never reported to police so they went on to RAPE AGAIN. they are in good standing and were praised by a district overseer.

the filth in the org. is unbelievable. if we all knew what the elders knew, we would be shocked even more than we are now. many cases of "fornication" are rape.

• free2think
    free2think

Yes i did/do.

• flipper
    flipper

Mr. Flipper here. In 1998 when still a witness the watchtower study had just ended and the final prayer, when a middle aged brother got up and grabbed the conductors microphone and yelled to the congregation," Brother so and so sitting over there is a child molester and has hurt numerous kids. Please protect your children from him and safeguard the congregation. Immediately the watchtower conductor grabbed the microphone from this brother and said to the 100 people there, Brothers the elders are aware of this matter and are handling it". The brother warning the congregation was my new hero of the century, and let's face it , knowing now what I didn't know then I see why he felt compelled to say this warning to the congregation. Everything is done so secretly and undercover the R&F members never know how or from whom to protect their children. So keep spreading the word everybody about this child abuse crisis in the watchtower. Mrs. Flipper and I are still leaving lots of flyers on car windows at kingdom halls and grocery store parking lots about this molesting cultish organization.Peace to you all.

• blondie
    blondie

5 (starting with my own father)

Not covered up because I forced the matter in the open using my contacts in the legal system. I found out how elders will lie even if you have clear proof of their lies. My wordly contacts protected me from retribution by the elders.

The other 4 were covered up by the elders until the most recently one exploded by discovery by the police.

Elders lie............and lie................and lie. Excuse please any ex-elders on JWD.

• greendawn
    greendawn

No there were no sex offenders in the congo where I was or in the neighbouring ones this was an unheard of issue at the time.

• mathilde
    mathilde

Yes!

In my first cong ther was a "brother" who always played with the children before and after the meetings,he seemed to like my twin boys (then 4 years old) more than the other children, he took them on his lap and tickled them,he would run after them and catch them.The boys liked to play with uncle L.

I didn´t think anything of it but my (now ex-) husband didn´t like it at all.We discussed it at home and I told him how embarrassing it was that my big-mouth husband as the only brother in the cong was making accusations like this, and what would the elders say.....

But he was 100% certain.

He told the boys that they were not allowed to play with uncle L. anymore -They didn´t understand and asked:What do we say to uncle L when he wants to play with us on sunday?

Husband said: just tell him your father doesn´t trust him and that he can come to me for an explanation.

That sunday I was sitting talking with a sister, the children playing outside the hall,husband talking with some brothers,when all of a sudden "uncle L" came over to me and he was MAD...red face, spit flying-he shouted:Do you know what your children just said to me?!?! That they cannot play with me anymore because your husband doesn´t trust me!!!!

I said yes that´s right, but why do you come to me,my husband is standing right behind you so go to the head of my family please.

Husband just stood there waiting for him and when "uncle L" turned to him and shouted WHY CAN I NO LONGER PLAY WITH YOUR CHILDREN....WHAT HAVE I DONE TO YOU????my husband told him:I can see what you realy are and I will not allow you to come close to my boys.If I ever see you close to my boys again I´ll beat the @§++¤ out of you.And never talk to my wife again either,if you have something to say -you come to me.

There were at least 40 people there but nobody said a word.They just looked at uncle L and my husband- (husband had been a sailor for 20 years before becoming a JW -he was strong as a lion and a mean fighter,he tried very hard to be a good JW but in a situation like this he would have loved to have a "relapse")

It was so strange....uncle L went to sit on his place and the meeting started.That was all.

I was worried what the elders would do to us, but NOTHING happened.....a few days later a sister told me that he had to leave his old cong because there had been something with children...he was starting in our cong with a clean slate so to speak,she also told me to keep this info to myself otherwise she would be in trouble.She just wanted to let me know that my husband was right.

There was never a reaction from the elders,nothing at all. Not even the other members of the cong talked to us about it. I was a fairly good dub in those days but this made me wonder,why no reaction at all?Why don´t they warn parents when a man like uncle L comes to a new hall-why would this sister be in trouble if they found out she had told me about him?

Last year my ex husband asked:do you remember "uncle L"?

He´s in prison now- he molested some JW boys and the parents went to the police.The parents are DF´d because they did so.Uncle L is working on reinstatement.

Mathilde

• J-ex-W
    J-ex-W

mathilde---------- Yikes !!!!!!!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit