missed 2 weeks worth of meetings...now how the hell do I get out?

by SnakesInTheTower 29 Replies latest jw friends

• Frequent_Fader_Miles
    Frequent_Fader_Miles

I didnt answer the door or the phone and I never got disfellowshipped.

I still dont answer the phone. I screen my calls. If somebody calls I want to talk to, I pick up or call back. If someone knocks on my door, I screen them also, If I dont know who it is why would I answer. It would be a salesman selling something. I dont do business that way. In your case if its a witness dont answer.

If you havent done anything wrong and you dont talk to them they cant do anything to you. They dont disfellowship you for not answering the door or phone. In time they will forget about you. If you rent you will probably move. If you own your own home the congregation will probably divide and be renamed and you will no longer be a member.

This is exactly what worked for me! I changed addresses and never had my publisher's record card transferred. I attended 2 or 3 meetings at the new congregation, then never went back. Pretty soon, the new congregation split and I fell through the cracks. I've since changed addresses again, so now I'm a virtual stranger.

I think you should plan MANY more business trips ... looong ones. When you come back, keep your return a secret.

• Robert222
    Robert222

I wish more and more people in each KH would start their fade sending a message to the GB that we are not putting up with the endless rules and regulations, and the endless distribution of books from the bethel publishing company.

They have gotten so far off the mark from teaching directly from the Bible, its so obvious now. My mtg attendance and service dwindled to nothing. Whenever I got an occasional call from an elder, I would tell them I've been out of town, both with my job and family back East. Finally, the calls stopped.

Its hard with a family member trying to convey how pointless their devotion is to 5 mtgs per week, giving talks on different topics, unrelated to each other, or jumping around in history, walking for hrs door to door trying to get literature (not the Bible) into people's hands that don't want to be disturbed.

JWs have their own agenda. Pushing their own books and asking for money so the bethelites can enjoy free room, board, meals, maid service, and travel in Manhattan and around the globe.

• flipper
    flipper

Hello Snakes in the Tower, Mr.Flipper here. I know how you feel. I was raised in this witness bog, and have been trying to peacefully fade Ha! Ha! for 4 years. The elders lately are trying to expel me even though I haven't been to any meetings for 3 and a half years. So don't count your snakes before they are hatched. My advice to you is you have to be careful about what you say you are doing in your life and who you say that to. You might think you have had faithful friends in that organization but you have to realize they were faithful insofar as you conformed to the faithful slaves rules and regulations. This leaving you are doing will open your eyes as to who is really your friend and loves you unconditionally or puts conditions on their friendship with you based on your religious views. I have a loving wife who is not a j-dub and a 22 year old son I'm helping through college who is not a witness. But my two grown daughters 20 and 19 will not have much to do with me, because I'm not going to meetings and have made a stand against some unjust treatment by elders. They think I'm rebellious, when in fact I'm just a fair and just person. It's all in whose perspective it's viewed from. If you have a mind and think independently with it be prepared for insults and being put down. But you will be happy to have your freedom from this cult which can only control your mind if you let them. You have to be strong. I commend you, count your blessings you have in your life and stay positive. Good luck to you.

• dawg
    dawg

I wrote a letter, mailed it to all my family three months ago and told them all the truth. Some were pissed many wern't. I outlined all the foulups the Wt has committed and simply asked how they could claim to have "God's spirit" guiding them under these conditions. It has mostly worked as I have been called eveything in the book from apostate to being called a hero! Being strong may save your family. Do it, and I guarentee you you will feel great!

• Highlander
    Highlander

hey dawg,

I wrote a letter, mailed it to all my family three months ago and told them all the truth. Some were pissed many wern't. I outlined all the foulups the Wt has committed and simply asked how they could claim to have "God's spirit" guiding them under these conditions. It has mostly worked as I have been called eveything in the book from apostate to being called a hero! Being strong may save your family. Do it, and I guarentee you you will feel great!

How many family members do you have that are j-dubs? And what percentage of them received your letter favorably?

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

keith

Well, it's time to face the facts ! Your going to be marked as bad association no matter what, if you leave. That's a for sure. You can't leave in an honourable way.

you and jaguarbass are both correct. I have already responded to jb, now to you. There is no honor among thieves...and the Borg has stolen plenty enough of my time over the years. But as I may have said in a previous post, comparing it to an employer, it is difficult to leave one job unless you have something else to go to. Being raised in the Borg and myself baptized over 20 years, I am more the mind to do what OTWO said...and I will post separately about some of his thoughts.

Staying in the JW organization just for family or friends isn't a good enough reason to stay in it. If anything, your not being true to your friends, family, and to them you wouldn't be staying true to God ! But most importantly, you wouldn't be staying true to yourself !

you are correct keith. Staying in for that reason is bad reasoning. Too bad human emotions and relationships are involved. The Borg makes that a messy situation. I dont want to hurt anyones feelings, but understand that is exactly what I will do once I make the clean break.

Thanks for your pointed comments. I do appreciate them

SnakesInTheTower (of the Fading Sheep Class)

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

OnTheWayOut

I arrived at my new congo and then we had CO visit. Normally, because of my past responsibilities, I know all of the COs and DOs in this immediate area (lets say 250 miles from the center of the metropolitan area I am in). I did not yet know this one. And I was not on his radar for discussion. I have not spoken a word to him. That will not be the case when he comes again this summer. I will definitely be topic 1 because the new PO does not let things "slip through the cracks". Maybe by then I will be moving to another state for the job and can avoid all of that.

Might be best to make the CO visit, then stop after it.

I have already quit the FS. Last went out in Dec 2006 in my old congo with the CO. Now I just turn in "informal" reports....reaaallly informal...to my imaginary return visit. Took the CO on my last shepherding call that week. I actually enjoyed that because I was there to encourage the family. (not Borg encouragement, real-life encouragement). Two days later the BOE removed me as an elder for reasons I will one day share (see next para for generalities). Despite a gentle nudge recently by the PO, I am not going to let them put me on the TMS. And I am not showing up at book study. Because of my sterling reputation as a public speaker in the region, I would almost assuredly be asked to read at the book study and then at the WTrash study....I would just puke if I had to start reading again . alt Too much Ebonics spoken in my congo, so a clear, articulate reader is considered a real "blessing" in my congo. Ironically, reading at the book study and WT was one of my favorite things to do at one time. Not so much now.

(Snake UPDATE: I just found out the letter to my new congo stated I was removed for being "unreasonable" and "not using good judgement". What a load of HORSES**T...I hope I can tell you all the real story soon...you will wonder what the hell is wrong with them. So the PO in the new congo, a long time good friend, is genuinely worried about me. Willing to help me "regain my footing" and work back to being an MS then elder. Hell, if they remove an elder, it is 3 years before he can be reappointed and then it is as a MS for 6 months or more. If I would have been less stubborn and resigned, I could have been reappointed in Dec 07. Do you know why I refused to step aside? Because I dont want to be a blasted elder anymore. I have had serious training by the Borg --more than most elders have had, I know how to commit spiritual suicide. The question is how to do it with as little collateral damage as possible.)

You are doing great.

Thanks for that OTWO.... I got blasted by Keith and JaguarBass,,,,but I deserve it. Everyone has me thinking hard. Please everyone, do not hold back.

SnakesInTheTower (of the Fading Sheep Class)

• Gregor
    Gregor

I have never been one to try and slither away like a sanke snake in the grass. But I have expressed my understanding that many have circumstances that prevents them from standing up and calling a spade a spade and letting the chips fall where they may. Sometimes you can't have your cake and eat it too. You might be better off in the long run to just face the music. To go along to get along is not a very happy life.

How many clich'es can you count?

• Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit
    Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit

Hi and welcome! It's like quitting any nasty and dangerous habit, just one day at a time. Look you've already gone 2 weeks without! You can do it!!!

You're welcome to be yourself here, 'bad association' and all.

catfish

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Never go back. You must never go back.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit