Famous Presiding Overseers

by mtsgrad 8 Replies latest jw friends

• mtsgrad
    mtsgrad

I think Dr Perry Cox from Scrubs would be a brilliant Presiding Overseer.

Dr. Cox is sarcastic, unpleasant and narcissistic. However, he is a very skilled doctor. He would not care what the CO said, would ignore the Watchtower or Governing Body at will. His sole purpose would to be honest and help the brothers and sisters.

If the was a paedophile in his cong he would kill them (in one series he said "when they put me in the chair tell them it was just).

Who do you think would be a good Presiding Overseer?

mtsgrad

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Henry Blake from MASH seems the type they want. He isn't really a totally gung-ho type,
    but the people under his command liked him. He wasn't very military but he jumped for
    his superiors, and generally wanted their approval. He didn't like nonsense going on
    in his command, but didn't waste all his energy trying to stop it. As long as he had a
    good secretary (like Radar) Henry would be a fine P.O.

• Open mind
    Open mind

Dwight Schrute from the Office. ;-)

Tee hee.

• jelcat8224
    jelcat8224

Dwight Schrute from the Office. ;-)

HAHAHA!!!! absolutely!! That is hilarious! Good call open mind!

jelcat

• TMS
    TMS

Sheriff Taylor played by Andy Griffith would have been a great PO with commonsense replacing strict rule interpretation.

Unfortunately, there are more Barney Fifes among elders than Sheriff Taylors.

tms

• Arthur
    Arthur

Richard Pryor

The diatribes about the #%$*! Canaanites and the jokes about "the bitch Jezebel" would have added some zesty flavor to the Watchtower studies and would have filled the Kingdom Hall every Sunday.

• Alligator Wisdom
    Alligator Wisdom

Charles Philip Ingalls (portrayed by Micheal Landon) on the classic TV series "Little House on the Prarie".

Fatherly justice with sensitivity along with being humble and a love for the human soul all coupled with being approachable.

Nope, not in any of the congregations that I had been to.

Alligator Wisdom (aka Brother NOT Exerting Vigorously)

• Open mind
    Open mind

Obi Wan Kenobi. Oh, wait, he would never have taken the job in the first place.

My dad wasn't bad except he didn't have a strong enough personality to keep the Ted Jarascz's of the world at bay. It was just a matter of time before a "Ted" took his place.

Open Mind

• Quentin
    Quentin

Frazier and Niles Crane....a counter balance...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit