Carload of jw's shunned us today...and it was priceless!!!

by winnie 19 Replies latest jw friends

• winnie
    winnie

We were in a carpark and the only space available was next to a carload of witnesses. So we parked! In it was 3 out of the 5 local elders, and 1 of their wives. While my hubby sat there eyeballing them, I went into the newsagents to grab a paper...and lo and behold...the wife of one of the other elders was giving the lady behind the counter the latest monthly magazines. She saw me come in, stopped mid conversation and bolted!

I got a paper, + when I went to pay the magazines were sitting next to the register. Here was my chance to do my good deed for the day! I casually asked if she believed what was written in the magazines. She said there was some good points in them and they made good light reading. So...I ever so tactfully (not!) explained why she should be very careful as the JW's are not all they appear to be. Curiosity must have gotten the better of her 'cause she asked why. So I asked her if she noticed the way S**** left the shop when I entered. She said she thought it was strange that she suddenly stopped mid conversation and said she had to go. Here was my opportunity! So I told her exactly how the witnesses, including close family members, treat ones who choose of their own accord (i.e. my family) not to share their beliefs. She said this surely did not extend to my children, to which I then replied: "Yes, my children's grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins have cut them off completely, because we (me and my hubby) have chosen not to share their beliefs."

The complete look of disbelief and disgust that crossed her face was priceless! (I would love to be a fly on the wall when S*** takes her next months mags!)

When I went back to the car, they were gone. My hubby said that they continued to look the other way the whole time they were there, in silence, almost as if they were frozen in time! S*** when she went to get in the car even went around to the opposite side to where she was sitting and made the other 2 in the back seat move across just so she wouldn't have to be near our car!!!

It made our day that we can affect them to such an extent as to make THEM uncomfortable whilst sitting in their OWN car!!!!

• R.F.
    R.F.

Priceless indeed!

Screwed once again by their own tactics.

• dedpoet
    dedpoet

Hi winnie,

It's kind of funny when that happens, and a little sad that people could
    be so much under the control of a cult that they can act in such a way
    and consider it to be the right way to act.

Linda and I passed a bunch of jws on the ministry a while ago as we were
    walking our dog. They saw us, and they all know us, and collectively, and
    almost in unison turned their backs on us as we passed them. I speculated
    that maybe the jws have invented a new sport, synchronised shunning, based
    on the synchronised swimming that you see in the Olympics and other major
    sporting events sometimes.

• Anti-Christ
    Anti-Christ

I

speculated
    that maybe the jws have invented a new sport, synchronised shunning

I almost had green tea coming out my nose!!!!!!

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I wonder if there could be a way for us apostates to print out business-card-like cards that have the URLs of some of the ex-JW sites like www.sixscreensofthewatchtower.com ,www.watchtower.cc , www.watchthetower.com , or www.freeminds.org to leave in cases like this. When you see the Witnesses leaving a set of magazines at a business, you leave one of those cards that will give them web sites where they can get information to compare to the magazines. And then they can make a better decision based on better information.

It's too late for those who are already indoctrinated, unless some or all of them ultimately see through the cult and decide to leave. But for those that are on their way in, we might be able to put a little dent on the number of those coming in for their indoctrination. In this way, they will be saved from wasting their lives and minds.

Remember the old United Negro College Foundation slogan: A mind is a terrible thing to waste.

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Awesome! Well done! And so funny!

• delilah
    delilah

Way to go Winnie!! Hopefully the shop owner will heed your warning, and not take the mags anymore.

I think we've all experienced the shunning thing, at one time or another. I know I have, and it's quite funny. They act as if they've seen the devil himself.... and they turn away, looking for a quick escape. They do the shunning, then they do the running. LOL

My husband and I went into a deli the other day, and there was a group of people in suits and dresses, and I knew they were either JW's or Mennonites, but I never bothered to look close enough. My husband said in a loud whisper" Look honey, witnesses, do you know them?" I didn't recognize them until they were leaving, but I noticed they kept looking at us, after they had moved a safe distance away from ....probably because they heard what hubby said....

It doesn't bother me anymore, as I don't recognize anyone really, it's been over 9 years now since I last attended a meeting.

• aquagirl
    aquagirl

what fun!!!!.i hope to be at my moms house someday,when a carload of them stop in needing to use her bathroom..they have the nerve to call that a visit!!!!!she lets them,but hates it..think of it,dozens of unwashed jw arses in your bathroom...uggghhhhh...

• watson
    watson

LOL..Aquagirl! Nothing worse than "dirty ass!!"

• johnny cip
    johnny cip

winnie ; nice work. the owner of the newsstand will most likely still take the mag's just to keep the customer. but now will just dump them in the garbage. after seeing how they really act . once jw's are exposed to the general public. they are finished. this newspaper man will never see the jw's the same

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit