What do you think the Earth will be like in 20 years time?

by winnie 20 Replies latest jw friends

• El Kabong
    El Kabong

...and in 20 years, I still won't have my flying car.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

It'll be a better place, thanks to good people like us inhabiting it.

• PEC
    PEC

The fact is that now is unquestionably the best time in all human history to be alive.

That is so true. And in 20 years it will be better, we all will be living longer healthier lives. Everyone should be planning to live for least 100 years. Will you have enough retirement savings to last 40 or 50 years? I am planning for 50 years and my JW sister isn't getting a dime, she is not in my retirement plan.

Philip

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

Liberty, Nuclear War, Nuclear Winter is has real as it's going to get. We won't start it. Suiciders will. Don't you think that as soon as they get the ability to use Nuclear Weapons they will not hesitate to use them.

Blueblades

• theinfamousone
    theinfamousone

a paradise earth.. what else??

the infamous one

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I fear that America will have suffered a nuclear attack within the next 20 years and will be suffering from the effects of that. Probably Europe also. Arabs and moslems go wild. Probably suitcase bombs in major cities to further Bushwack and destroy the economy.

I hope I'm wrong.

• SacrificialLoon
    SacrificialLoon

I am going to go out on a limb and say round.

• Liberty
    Liberty

Hi Blueblades,

Sorry it took so long to reply but I couldn't get back on the board for a while. Sure, a full scale nuke war would be disasterous as would a large asteroid impact or the Yellowstone caldara/vulcano errupting. All these things COULD happen and I could just as easily get hit by a bus or keel over from a heart attack today at 45 but these things are NOT inevitable as the Watch Tower or the other doom-sayers would try and have us believe. The chances are very low that these will occur in the shortness of one human lifespan or even over a 500 year span.

A few terrorists with nukes can't start a full scale nuclear war in the same way super powers with a large stock pile could so even if a few nuts set off bombs they would have little global effect considering that the super powers have all tested very powerful nukes over and over again with little effect and certainly with no nuclear winter.

Just to be clear, I wouldn't argue that global disaster isn't possible just that it is very unlikely. We as individuals COULD die from cancer at 25 but the chances are very low, hence life insurance continues to be a profitable business. Most of us wisely live our lives as if we will live on into old age because chances are this will be the case. I would just transfer this individule risk onto a global scale, otherwise we should all use up our resources to build elaborate underground shelters stocked with emergency supplies as if a global disaster is assurred.

If I were very rich I would prepare for both possibilities, but I am poor so I choose to spend my resources on what I think is our best bet...financing a normal life into retirement, a risk I am willing to take. I am relatively confidant that I am making the right gamble because centuries of doom-saying has all come to naught...so far.

• PEC
    PEC

I fear that America will have suffered a nuclear attack within the next 20 years and will be suffering from the effects of that. Probably Europe also. Arabs and moslems go wild. Probably suitcase bombs in major cities to further Bushwack and destroy the economy.

Sounds like a dub talking to me. Why so negitive?

Philip

• startingover
    startingover

I'm on the same page with Gill on this one.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit