Happy New Year! 80 million more "wicked" ones added to the bird food pile.

by Open mind 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Found-My-Way:

I agree with you about how you viewed their magazines. I even knew somebody whose spouse referred to them as comic books.

For the first year I was a JW, I refused to even open a magazine because I felt it was unnatural in comparison to using the bible. Now, of course, we all see it for what it is: a way for them to add to the scriptures or give their very biased and presumptuous take on it.

LHG

• karvel
    karvel

What

willhappentoyoungchildrenatArmageddon?

The Bible does not directly answer that question, and we are not the judges. However, the Bible does show that God views the young children of true Christians as "holy." (1 Cor. 7:14) It also reveals that in times past when God destroyed the wicked he likewise destroyed their little ones. (Num. 16:27, 32; Ezek. 9:6) God does not want anyone to be destroyed, so he is having a warning sounded now to benefit both parents and children. Would it not be wise for parents to pursue a course that would result in their children being looked on with favor by God both now and at Armageddon?

rs. pg.47.

that was the part of the source material in a recent talk on who will survive armageddon.

• Mary
    Mary
    Gumby said: If Jehovah waits for more people to be born, then they die unfaithful.......that will mean 80,000,000 more resurrected to teach the truth to if Armageddon doesn't come before they all croak. See there, armageedon has it's benifits in waiting for a few more million to be born and be resurrected.

While I know this was said tongue-in-cheek, it's actually pretty acurate. A few years ago, a pioneer's 'worldly' mother died. She had tried converting her for decades but her mom was apparently smart enough to see that the religion was a crock and she never did. Anyway, the pioneer was actually quite happy at her mom's funeral (not that any Dubs were there), because in her words "now she has a chance for a resurrection!" She had always hoped her mother would die before the Big A made Kentucky Fried Birdy Food out of her. When you think about it, what a stupid concept: someone who would suffer 'the second death at Armageddon for not reading the Craptower and Asleep every month, will now be given a resurrection for another chance all because of the timing of their death.

Makes about as much sense as their notion that people like Moses, Abraham or Isaac don't deserve heavenly life because of the timing of their death.

Idiots.

• Open mind
    Open mind

Sorry for taking so long getting back. I was busy reuniting in person with my long, lost, long-DFed brother. :-)
    I'll post about that separately.

Karvel mentioned that the rs book states:

"WhatwillhappentoyoungchildrenatArmageddon?

The Bible does not directly answer that question, and we are not the judges. "

Here's what else I found.

*** w95 10/15 pp. 23-28 What Future for the Sheep and the Goats? ***

15 How have Christ’s brothers and the millions of other sheep united with them as one flock been treated? Many people may not personally have attacked Christ’s representatives, but neither have they treated his people lovingly. Preferring the wicked world, goatlike ones reject the Kingdom message, whether hearing it directly or indirectly. (1 John 2:15-17) Of course, in the final analysis, Jesus is the one who is appointed to render judgment. It is not for us to determine who are sheep and who are goats.—Mark 2:8; Luke 5:22; John 2:24, 25; Romans 14:10-12; 1 Corinthians 4:5.

23 Many are exposed to our message as we preach from house to house or informally. Others may learn of Jehovah’s Witnesses and what we represent in ways unknown to us. When judgment time arrives, to what extent will Jesus consider community responsibility and family merit? We cannot say, and it is pointless to speculate. (Compare 1 Corinthians 7:14.) Many now turn a deaf ear, ridicule, or share in outright persecution of God’s people. Hence, this is a crucial time; such ones may be developing into those whom Jesus will judge as goats.—Matthew 10:22; John 15:20; 16:2, 3; Romans 2:5, 6.

I'll pull out the key sentences since i can't use highlighting on Firefox.

"Of course, in the final analysis, Jesus is the one who is appointed to render judgment. It is not for us to determine who are sheep and who are goats."

and, here's the clincher

"When judgment time arrives, to what extent will Jesus consider community responsibility and family merit? We cannot say, and it is pointless to speculate."

A loyal dub who's desperately trying to cling to the idea that Jehovah isn't going to necessarily snuff out millions of children and infants, not to mention people living where the "good news" isn't preached too much will grab onto these quotes and cling for dear life, IMHO.

But, since I'm engaged in "Theocratic Warfare" for the lives and brains of my family I think I'm going to emphasize the references supplied by Blondie. ;-)

Thanks again Blondie for providing "food at the proper time".

Open Mind

• LanDi
    LanDi

Yes, it seems a pretty harsh penalty for not selling the Watchtower and not submitting to the will of " the faithful and discreet slave.".

Bullies.

• Open mind
    Open mind

Note to any possible lurkers re: this statement I made:

But, since I'm engaged in "Theocratic Warfare" for the lives and brains of my family I think I'm going to emphasize the references supplied by Blondie. ;-)

You might think that by not highlighting to my family these couple of "escape clauses" the Borg has slipped in that I'm being intellectually dishonest. That's not the case. I'm being practical. The harsh, genocidal statements posted by Blondie weren't just pulled out of thin air. They are the main message that is usually pounded in to our heads. So, if my family wants to go dig up these couple of weasly "escape clauses" I'll address it by saying,

"So, do you think the message the F&D Slave is trying to put across is that a significant number of non-JWs will be spared? If so, what does that say for the urgency of the preaching work? And the importance of getting dunked as a JW? Can't have it both ways."

Open Mind

• Open mind
    Open mind

Looks like this topic is like shooting fish in a barrel for Blondie. I just read this quote that she posted on Leolaia's Armageddon thread.

*** w89 9/1 p. 19 par. 7 Remaining Organized for Survival Into the Millennium ***

Only Jehovah’s Witnesses, those of the anointed remnant and the "great crowd," as a united organization under the protection of the Supreme Organizer, have any Scriptural hope of surviving the impending end of this doomed system dominated by Satan the Devil. (Revelation 7:9-17; 2 Corinthians 4:4) They will make up the "flesh" that Jesus Christ said would be saved through the worst tribulation of all human history.

That one's definitely a keeper. Thanks Blondie.

Open Mind

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit