Jerry Falwell dead

by needproof 20 Replies latest jw friends

I guess being "open-minded" means that you have the liberty to enjoy someone else's misfortune. No thanks!

How is being "open-minded" relevant to disparaging comments directed at this decedent? And why is a natural death at a normal age "misfortune?"

• XJW4EVR
    XJW4EVR

If you can't make the connection between the posts of some of your compatriots and my comments, then I would wonder...well what I would wonder about would not be nice to say, so I'll just leave it at that.

If you can't make the connection between the posts of some of your compatriots and my comments, then I would wonder...well what I would wonder about would not be nice to say, so I'll just leave it at that.

Sorry, but your post made no sense at all. Here it is again:

I guess being "open-minded" means that you have the liberty to enjoy someone else's misfortune. No thanks!

None of the posts above make any reference to being "open-minded," except yours. Furthermore, given the inevitability of death, characterization of death by natural causes after an average lifespan as "misfortune" seems rather ignorant.

Don't pull any punches for me, Trojan man. I'll respond to whatever you choose to dish out.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

Jerry Falwell dead.............

and yet, you all seem so happy.................?

• Mary
    Mary
    jaguarbuss said: He was a crackpot detatched from realtiy. He blamed 911 on gays and homosexuals. He was also a fat racist. And against labor unions. The man was a faccist pig and used mythical stories to keep the working man in line for the ruling class. Ding dong the witch is dead.

Soooo, does this mean you won't be attending the funeral?

• XJW4EVR
    XJW4EVR

I'm not pulling any puinches. I think that it is sad that the "open minded" folks say such horrid things about anyone. I think it is systemic, but that is my opinion. The tragedy is the glee to which some are expressing. Almost like prepubescents peeling in laughter at the misfortune of another. As far as Falwell's death, I am not concerned about him per se, he has moved beyond this human existence, however I am concerned about his surviving family, the church he pastores, and the Univeresity he left behind.

That's all I have to say on this matter.

• bigmouth
    bigmouth

That pesky wabbit made me larf!!!!

• El Kabong
    El Kabong

I wonder if the "Rev" Fred Phelps will be protesting his funeral.

• What-A-Coincidence
    I'm not pulling any puinches.

You're not? Then I wonder what things that "would not be nice to say" you were thinking about when you wrote this:

As for this comment,

I think that it is sad that the "open minded" folks say such horrid things about anyone.

It's even sadder that Mr. Falwell, by his conduct, gave these folks the basis for the "horrid things" they've said about him.

As far as Falwell's death, I am not concerned about him per se, he has moved beyond this human existence, however I am concerned about his surviving family, the church he pastores, and the Univeresity he left behind.

Are you really all that concerned? Aside from defending this repugnant decedent on a Jehovah's Witness discussion forum, what have you done? Did you send a sympathy card or flowers to his family? How about a financial contribution to his church or university?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit