A Legal org to represent former JW issues?

by Pathofthorns 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Moxy
    Moxy

maybe we could apply for associative NGO status with the UN-DPI.

• Trevor Scott
    Trevor Scott

Path,

Some great points. Personally I would like to see some more organized "resistance" (for lack of a better word). Anyone who opposes the Borg is said to be part of the collective evil slave class anyway. I guess naming our new org "the Evil Slave Class" would be over the top, eh? Maybe something we could acronymize to "ESC" - lol,

TS,

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

Just my humble opinion, but i think we're fine just the way we are.

We have our 'older ones' taking the lead among us and that's all we need.

They can't come after us, they can't attack us, they can't catch us, they can't find us,they can't sue us, the can't stop us. There is no 'organized us.'

Develop any kind of 'organization' and we lose that edge, that advantage, that benefit.

No more Watchtower!!!!!

Dungbeetle...so much dung, so little time...

• AlanF
    AlanF

In principle such an organization sounds great, but I don't see it being viable in practice. Ex-JWs tend to hate organization -- period. They've been burned once too often. So far, the lack of organization, where individuals act on their own or come together in informal groups to act, has worked spectacularly well. That way, individuals do as they please and, when the need arises, small groups do as they please. This lack of organization precisely reflects the lack of structure among ex-JWs. There is no more a "community" of ex-JWs than there is a "community" of ex-cancer patients. If or when the Society changes and becomes a "kinder, gentler" religion, the need or desire for organization will no longer exist. And of course, trying to administer or govern such an organization would be a nightmare. In any case, I would not join or support any such organization.

AlanF

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

Can you imagine an 'organization' trying to TELL Farkel or AlanF or Dungbeetle or such to DO or not to DO anything?

Rolling on the floor laughing my f-----g --s off....

Dungbeetle...so much dung, so little time...

• mommy
    mommy

Path
    I think in principle it is a great idea as well. But I am one that shies away from being involved in anything organized anymore. Alan is incorrect in saying that a "community" for ex cancer patients does not exist. This is not true, it does exist. And they have been a great force in obtaining money from congress. Do any of you recall the walk on Washington that was held last year(I believe) In a sense this was a one time organized effort for ex cancer and cancer patients to gather their voice and be heard.

Anywho, that not the point of this discussion. There are many ex jw's/ current Jw's who do believe that the org is a corrupt place. There are also a few places where they can make their voice heard and even "gather" for lack of a better word. Those who are able to stand up and make their voice heard, have and continue to do so. I also feel that there is bad rap at times because we are emotional about what has happened.

I think Dateline investigating the org and interviewing such a variety of people is a good thing. And perhaps it will start to open the eyes of those who really don't care about the jw's and what happens in their religion, which is alot of people. Most people want to run as far away from them as possible.

Perhaps if those who are willing to be available for the press, will step forward. We already know that there are many different personalities here and different situations. I feel if those who want to and are able to stand up are willing to, this will be the best we can do.
    wendy

PS...great to see you PathI have missed you!

Blind faith can justify anything.~Richard Dawkins

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit