Internet Message Boards

by joannadandy 29 Replies latest jw friends

• undercover
    undercover

I've noticed that the "feeding frenzy" types don't stick around very long. But those who are looking for support and understanding are here for a while.

Some stay longer than others, depending on how quick their journey is out of the bOrg.

For others still, they stay to be there for newer ones who need the support and understanding that we've already experienced from those that went before us in this journey.

• Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit
    Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit

Sure at first - it's great to feel "I'm not alone" -- but I wonder how much that creates a complex of "No one but ex-jw's can ever understand me." - to me that seems dangerous and limiting as well. And yet - I used to believe it was true.

Joannadandy,

Other people here seem to know you, but I do not. Hello.

A few of your statements, such as the one above, would lend to one thinking that you are about to make a point, or are making one quite subtly. I do believe that 'no one but ex-jws can ever understand' certain parts of my life. As my husband and I embark on having babies, I am consulting with other mothers, my friends, both in person and via internet. However, as we embark on becoming parents without the support or love of our own mothers and fathers, sisters and brothers, because they won't speak to us - with the feeling that we are completely alone and sometimes completely worthless and foolish in this very powerful decision in our lives - I come here, and my husband pops in for a read about once a week, and we know-we know it-we are not alone.

'Dangerous and limiting' exists in the christian congregation of jehovah's witnesses, not here.

Hugs and kisses to all,

Catfish

and joannadandy, you're right, they are just boobs.

If anyone thinks that I was expressing hostility, I apologize sincerely.

Not hostility. Defending the site, defending the group, defending my needs and those of others. Wondering why someone who's seemingly 'been there' would question the wisdom and safety of the forum, i.e. "dangerous and limiting". If you're at or been at a place where that was true for you, why not just state, 'I began to feel like. . .' rather than what you did say.

Peace out.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Well this one is pretty darn good..[ speaking as a confessed addict] .. A lot of others that I have looked at are either too heavily moderated, or not moderated at all , or you find that they attract about one post per week - hardly stimulating. But long live JWD!!

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

For me it was definately a place of healing and connection. It allowed me, when I finally "knew" the things that were wrong in the JW religion (there was always a "feeling" there), to work out my anger, and come to terms with things and move forward.

I have also met some really great people (on line and IRL), that I will forever have a connection with, through the boards.

There were people on line that helped me when I needed it, and I hope that I can repay what others have done for me, by helping someone else.

BB

• crashfire451
    crashfire451

Good god man - they're just boobs

There is no such thing as just boobs. Get a hold of yourself!

• juni
    juni

(((Catfish))) I didn't know you and your husband were starting a family! Congratulations! Children are a lot of work and responsibility, but they bring oodles of joy!

I wish you the very best.

Hugs, Juni

Some of us here do "know" joannadandy. She's cool..... lol

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

Yeah only been here since 02...I'm such a trouble-making upstart tho...you gotta watch out for me -

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Connection - cool common ground to meet fun people all over the world. Made so many friends or established friendship that pre-existed online whilst in Dallas. And help with my school work! And the chance to ogle pretty boobs as much as I like!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit