Did paintball at the weekend

by cyberdyne systems 101 16 Replies latest jw friends

• cyberdyne systems 101
    cyberdyne systems 101

It was for a birthday treat for one of my friends, Me and his best friend arranged it and wow was it a laugh! I got some good bruises going on, but thats all part of the fun.

I'd always wanted to do it, and apart from doing something called laser quest, which is just light guns, i'd always considered it to much of a no no, when a dub. I recommend it to anyone, there was men, women, children of say 13 or 14 too, the paint balls are a bit pricy but if its a one off, and the memories you take away are great.

CS 101

• juni
    juni

hey CS101 !

In the states, paintball bachelor parties are very popular. I've heard you can get a pretty good bruise so to make sure you wear the protective gear.

Juni

• Pubsinger
    Pubsinger

I went to a laserquest party the other week with my 7 year old son and a dozen of his friends.

Then they let the Dads join in

It was fab - less bruises too!!!!

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

I went paintballing for a friends birthday a couple of years ago...it was an amazing day - was thoroughly sore and bruised (not to mention knackered from all the assault courses they had).

I loved it; at the end they had this amazing standoff where everyone faced everyone from about 5 metres away and totally let rip on each other; OUCH!

Good fun...never once did the scripture 'they shall beat their swords into plowshears' come to mind!!

Gary

• Pubsinger
    Pubsinger

Hi DB

Funnily enough I was telling my only remaining JW friend about the laserquest party.

He laughed and told me that about 8 years ago he was "summoned to the 2nd school" after the meeting and hauled over the coals because someone had seen him leaving laserquest.

He got an earbashing about "learning war no more"

Then he told that one of the elders and several pioneers had regular high rankings on the weekly scoreboard there but he decided not to "drop them in it"

Crazy.

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974
    Crazy

It is...I wouldve been tempted to say that I wasnt learning war and that I was just practicing for such time when an alien invasion takes place and I need to use reasonable force to protect my family- that wouldve scoobied the self righteous idiots. Either that or they wouldve had me sectioned LOL.

Gary

• cyberdyne systems 101
    cyberdyne systems 101

Hi DB74,

I trust you are well - and thanks for that advice you gave a little while back, most helpful its been. Anyway, you really dont learn anything about war from paintball, the amount of times you get picked off, you'd be utterly useless in a real battle! Sure it copies some of the things from a military sense, but only in the same way a computer game would. I'm glad i've done it, and i'm not told whether or not its ok for me to do anymore. Besides i'd have loved to have had a paintball session against the Elders in my old cong!

CS 101

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974
    I trust you are well - and thanks for that advice you gave a little while back, most helpful its been. Anyway, you really dont learn anything about war from paintball, the amount of times you get picked off, you'd be utterly useless in a real battle! Sure it copies some of the things from a military sense, but only in the same way a computer game would. I'm glad i've done it, and i'm not told whether or not its ok for me to do anymore. Besides i'd have loved to have had a paintball session against the Elders in my old cong!

Yeah I am good thanks and you are welcome.

I agree a paintball session against the elders wouldve been fabulous - I can think of one elder I particularly would've targeted; headshots and everything! oh yes!

Gary

• Sirona
    Sirona

AW I have never done paintball and I wanna do it!!!!! STAMPS FEET.

Aposta Paintball!!!!!

Sirona

• cyberdyne systems 101
    cyberdyne systems 101

Sirona wrote:

Aposta Paintball!!!!!

now there's an idea!

CS 101

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit