May Life On The JWD Board......going.....going......

by new boy 16 Replies latest jw experiences

• new boy
    new boy

Does Art imitate Life or does Life imitate Art?

700 post in 5 years. My goal is to do another 700 post in the next five years. That means its time to pace myself and that means its time to fade off the board...........again.

I really hit it hard this last six months........I ran my mouth a plenty.....but real life is calling me.

As you know, I feel its a great place to visit.......just not to live.

I'm not one of those that post "this is my last time sh**T" I know I will be back again but hopefully many months from now.

And you know how I feel about all you wonderful folks here, I love you all. Every word said and every post does make a big difference...........you all do so much to help others break away from the bonds of false religion, meaning the JWs and all the other faiths that says "our way or the highway." keep up the good work.

Everytime someone leaves here, 6 more will take their place.......so I look to the next generation of posters to take the "baton" and help as many ones get "out" as they helped get "in"

The best way it discribe it for me, is the story of the 2 Buddhist monks that took up the vow to never touch a women.

The two were traveling one day and happen to come to a river were they saw a women, she was trying to cross it but fell in the water.......One Monk ran over and picked her up and carried her to the over side and set her down.........The women thanked him. The 2 men walked on for another 5 miles........Finally the one monk, who didn't help her said............"Why did pick up that women at the river? Did you forget the vow we made?"................To which the other Monk said "I set her down back at that river bank! Why are you still carrying her?"

So my dear friends it time for me to set her down........and let her go.

God bless you all and keep up the good work. Just don't drink poison and expect the other guy to die.

Namaste

Keith Casarona proud member of the human race.......until we meet again.

• Gregor
    Gregor

Does this mean the A- Pasta -Fest is off?

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

"its a great place to visit.......just not to live"

True, any sensible person would agree. It's fun to check in and see what everyone has to say, but it's not a substitute for life.

Just the same, why do I find all these farewells a little tiresome?

• Warlock
    Warlock

I will miss you while you are gone, new boy. I've enjoyed all of your comments, but always felt you needed to make MORE comments. Oh well, take care and I, for one, will remember you when you come back.

Take care, my brother.

Warlock

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

I too would have liked to hear more from you.

BTW, you looked good in the Dallas pics.

I had no idea you were such a stud.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Did going to the FEST help you to come to this decision?

purps

• ibme
    ibme

Newboy, Sir,

I have always enjoyed reading your posts.

Especially the ones on your bethel experiences. Believe it or not, I would wake up

every morning, go to my computer to see your addition thoughts. It was very refreshing.

Personally, I am a person of few, few words. My motto is: "Less said best said"

I would personally like it, if you wish, just to pop your head up every now and them

just to let us know as an OLD TIMER (like myself) you are still alive and well.

Thank you sir.

IBME

• Brigid
    Brigid

Journey well, my friend. And when you feel the call, come back here and say hi.

Blessings,

~Brigid

• new boy
    new boy

Gregor .....Good question. I'm a man of my word, so I promise we we do one, I just can't do one this summer.

Hortensia......I agree with you, I hate all this farwell bullshit.......the only reason I did it this way, is I didn't have time to PM all my close friends about my "vacation" from the board. Out of respect for them I thought I should say something..........and lets face it most people don't give a shit one way or another.

Warlock......blessings to you my dear friend.

Purps......No, the Fest had nothing to do with it. In fact I told a few people there I was heading into the sunset for awile. It was truly lovely, I meet some friends for life there.......as tiny tim said "God bless us one and all!"

And Brigid........You are one of the reasons I went.......to meet you. Please stay in touch my wonderful friend.

P.S. If anyone of you are ever heading to Portland, please come by. You have a place to stay, my home is always open,or call 503-525-0012

• daystar
    daystar

It was great seeing you Newboy. Fare well, wherever you fare.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit