She received NO REPLY to specific bible questions.

by rassillon 13 Replies latest watchtower bible

• rassillon
    rassillon

I was looking through some of my watchtowers and I came across an article that caught my attention because the pictures were just too funny. It was a life story of "Janez Rekelj" in the '05-10/1 Watchtower. I then noticed a paragraph which I thought was very interesting. Even though it is a life story, "written" by an individual, it was approved to be published in the watchtower and the implication of its contained statements are clear.

w0510/1p.17MyParents’ExampleStrengthenedMe***

Mother caused a stir in the area when she stopped observing unscriptural customs, such as the celebrating of Christmas; when she would no longer eat blood sausage; and particularly when she took all the images in our possession and burned them. Opposition was not slow in coming. Mother’s aunts, the nuns, made it a point to write to her, trying to convince her to return to Mary and the church.However, when Mother wrote and asked them for answers to specific Bible questions, she received no reply.My grandfather also strongly opposed her. He was not a bad man, but he was put under a great deal of pressure by our relatives and the community. As a result, he destroyed Mother’s Bible literature on a number of occasions, but he never touched her Bible. He begged her on his knees to return to the church. He even went so far as to threaten her with a knife. My father, though, let him know in no uncertain terms that such behavior would not be tolerated.

My main comment on this is that it implys that the witnesses were superior in knowledge because her aunts and the nuns did not answer her and that if they were able to answer her questions they would have.

I know of several individuals who have written the society (I shall soon be of this club) and asked SPECIFIC questions and have received silence in return (I believe I shall soon be of this club also). Has the society failed to reply because they are unable to answer the inquirys? Or, is it a deliberate ignoring of questions they dare not answer lest they be proven wrong?

=================

My second comment is that this guy thinks that his GF was not a bad man despite the fact that he threatened his daughter with a knife?

I don't follow?

-r

PS, if you get a chance to see the article, look at the hair of his father and him when young, just too funny.

• Brother Apostate
    Brother Apostate

Oh, the irony!!!!!!!!!

BA- WTBTS- the pot calling the kettle black.

• blondie
    blondie

WTS "experiences" cannot be confirmed in the way newspapers stories can be. My experience and hubbies' were tweaked to be lies. Stories in WT publications cannot be confirmed unless in news papers.

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

why not quote the article when you write.

tijkmo of the loving the irony class

• greendawn
    greendawn

It may well be that many of these stories are made up as part of their propaganda, they always have been in a big way into lying and deceit so this is likely. But the point is that the JWs themselves treat in a much worse way those members that wish to leave or do as much as attend the church service of another religion or participate in constructing a non JW religious building.

• Warlock
    Warlock
    Stories in WT publications cannot be confirmed unless in news papers.

I can confirm one, but for obvious reasons, you will have to take my word for it.

Warlock

• proplog2
    proplog2

It doesn't matter whether the story is true or not. The fact is that the Watchtower is using the failure to answer questions as proof that people don't have the answers.

The Watchtwoer also fails to answer questions. I have asked numerous questions of the Watchtower and I get the same form letter:

Dear Brother_________________:

We note that you don't agree with our explanation about_______________. We encourage you to prayerfully read the material in _____________ where this subject is discussed. Perhaps in the future you will better understand what we are talking about.

In the mean time we want to encourage you to stay busy in the field ministry blah blah blah blah.

Your Brothers,

WBTS

cc: Presiding Overseer

• rassillon
    rassillon

tijkmo: I may be being dense but I don't quite understand your comment / question?

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Yea, I really like the way they will not answer your questions. And then if you look somewhere else for the answers, they will have a cow and call you an apostate. I guess you aren't supposed to be asking any questions of any kind. So much for testing to see if you're really in the faith.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Yeah, I heard similar stories at the one-day assembly yesterday. "They had no reply...." Another astounding story is that a Witness was able to turn a Baptist preacher and many of his sons.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit