Amazing how much the dubs still control your life, years after (fate)

by needproof 13 Replies latest jw friends

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

On one hand, since I was raised as and with JW's the first 31 years of my life controll the rest of my life. But when things are going well, the only time I think about witnesses is when I come on this board. Or when my wife has dealings with her big Italian family. Then I think, how stupid are these people to still allow themselves to be jerked around by a magazine publishing company and they love it. I say thank God, or fate I'm me.

• ninja
    ninja

hey needproof for the 2nd time ...why MPH on your avatar?

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

Yeah, the witnesses still rule our lives, and in ways we can't even detect now that we're almost 12 years out and have deliberately gone out and earned ourselves some innocent disfellowshippings.

To wit: My daughter began an upbuilding conversation the other day by saying: "I was sitting on the front steps smoking and thinking about my future -- now that I realize I have a future..."

This stuff is insidious.

gently feral

• fifi40
    fifi40

Dear Timmy cat

Just in case you read this, I was only joking................I do not have a problem with the witnesses, my son is being raised as one to this day and whilst disfellowshipped, I still have contact occasionally with some of my former friends..............it was a little joke and I apologise if it offended you in anyway.

All the best and welcome

Fifi

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit