Arguments about the flood.

by Adolfius 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• TopHat
    TopHat

Adolfius, Are you trying to convince your parents to believe as you do/ OR looking for blips in the WTS teaching to convince them, the religion they belong to is wrong? If you are an Atheist, don't expect them to listen to you....but if you want to take apart the doctrines of the WTS then you will have to use scriptures to prove the leaders of the WTS wrong. For instance, the GB can not prove they ARE the anointed...just because they SAY SO. Jesus didn't tell his Apostles that a publishing company would be chosen as something special to preach the good news. If your parents are simple folks, the flood analogy might go way over their heads.

• Adolfius
    Adolfius

Thanks for all the comments on this, especially all the great links. Thanks Tetra and Lore.

I'm not trying to get my parents to think like I am, I just want them to see the flaws and out right lies of the WTS. I don't personally believe in a god at all, but I know I may not be right and some people need to believe and do believe in god. I suspect my parents will believe in god regardless of how, and that's fine and may be correct. I don't know.

But I really hate the way they are being duped by people that I seriously suspect are not in the least bit religious. I think the old men have just used religion as a tool to control people and make a lot of money. That's what I'm trying to get my parents to see and escape from. I thought the flood may be a simple childs story that I could use to open their eyes to this falseness.

You may be interested to see a link I started this morning that has really upped my sense of urgency on this matter: http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/134290/1.ashx

Thanks - Adolfius

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit