Got a phone call today I hope I never get again!

by Bumble Bee 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

My husband called me today - and right away I knew from the sound of his voice something was wrong. He didn't say much, just that he had an accident at work and was at the hospital, could I please come right away.

Thankfully he was not seriously physically hurt, but he was in shock and they had to give him some Lorazepam to settle him down. Boy did he like that stuff! lol

It's scary to think about how worse things could have been, and I'm so thankfull that they weren't!

BB

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

yikes that is scary.

i've recently gone thru similar circumstances that ended differently . so i really do empathize and i'm glad he's ok!

• DJK
    DJK

Good to hear it isn't serious. For dinner, I recommend ice cream.

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

BB - glad to hear he's ok!!!

Was this an attempt to get out of cooking a mothers day meal for you???? (just kidding) Have a good one!!

nj

• Life Is Grand
    Life Is Grand

I can relate-I got a call from my husband a couple of years back-he was at work and I could tell that he was in huge pain. He was letting me know that his boss was taking him to the Emergency room because he was having severe pain in his abdominal area, but had no idea what was wrong. Of course, I'm just picturing a ruptured appendix, or heaven knows what. Anyways, it's a good hours drive from where I work to the hospital they took him too, so I drove there in a mad panic just imagining the worst the whole way there.

By the time I got there, he had seen a doctor-turned out that he had a kidney stone-I was just so relieved he wasn't dying! Of course, I think HE thought he was going to die, but he made it through!!!

Glad to hear that your husband is going to be okay!

LIG

• delilah
    delilah

I'm glad it's not serious too, Bumblebee.....I remember getting a call like that, after my husband started a new job. The truck he was driving caught fire, and he had to get it to the side of the road. By that time, the entire cab was filled with smoke and as soon as he got out, the truck was engulfed in flames, and he was rushed to hospital by ambulance. That was scary...we always go over in our minds how much different and worse it could have been, don't we?

I'm glad you're hubby is ok.....take him home and pamper him...

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    For dinner, I recommend ice cream.

And cake too. It should be spoon fed to him, and you should spend the entire weekend pampering him and catering to his every whim.

W

P.S. Tell him my invoice is in the mail.

• daystar
    daystar

Crap BB! Glad it wasn't too serious.

• Warlock
    Warlock

Glad to hear he's o.k. BB.

Warlock

• unique1
    unique1

Glad to hear he was ok. I pretty much did that to my hubby once. Thankfully it wasn't superbad either.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit