An organisation that doesn't care much

by greendawn 15 Replies latest jw friends

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Also, they don't care about how hard you try to go out more in service. No matter how much you go out, it is not enough. I have heard from the platform that if you are putting in 30 or 40 hours a month, then you should be pioneering (a commitment of 60 hours a month then). And if you are putting in auxiliary pioneer hours, you need to regular, and then special, pioneer. And by the way, could you move to the middle of Texas or some place like Newton, NC, so that you can work where the need is greater? Who gives a &%$ that you wish to stay put.

Conduct is also subject to not-good-enough scrutiny. No matter what, you should be doing more and having less fun. Go out in service where there is ice, and they hound you for playing in the ice (try telling that to your 7-year old child and then telling them that service is the ultimate in fun). You can't fidget with your tie, which is always on. You have to walk (i.e., sprint: they need yoo to reach every door you possibly can) perfectly orderly; no zigzagging or running aimlessly just for fun. Everything is tightly programmed: any variance, no matter how trivial, will result in hounding.

And, if you get sick, you still need to be out in service. Hey, the guy in an iron lung can pioneer. The guys can cross crocodile infested waters to make the meetings (how do I know there were actually crocodiles in the water; I know that crocodiles cannot climb out onto a bridge, and they would likely be a pole on the river). I guess this is just so that they won't cancel the meeting for a lousy blizzard or tornado. And if they can pioneer in an iron lung, then who are you to think you can stay in from service with a wimpy flu?

• VM44
    VM44

Bastards had the audacity to send me a bill after I left Bethel.

What was the bill for? Medical/dental work?

--VM44

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence
    what was that bill for

It was a bill for shipping my belongings to my destination ... most of it was WT crap that has been incinerated by now.

• timmycat
    timmycat

well they see you're volunteer work as to Jehovah, and the bill for shipping you're stuff is you're stuff, and is you're responsibility. When I stopped pioneering and left, they asked for all my lititure back as I would get it half price (this was before the gst) so I found that offensive considering I spent 90 hrs a month in field service. I never sent it back.

• greendawn
    greendawn

That is the point I am trying to make this is a business masquerading as a religion and the false front they put up to hide their real nature and aspirations is so good it has deceived millions of people into believing that not only are they a religion but the one and only true religion in the world today. It is an elaborate deception worth studying in depth.

As for that hard nosed attitude of never aknowledging someone's work so as to push them into doing more and more, this setting of very high almost unattainable goals is part of their subtle manipulation methods and goes to show that they are an organised business manipulating their followers in a scientifically formulated organised way. Waters run very deep in this org.

Timmycat your experience is another instance of their incredible meanness given all the free work you gave them.

• greendawn
    greendawn

One of the statements I always remember well from the JW world is what one elder said once when asked why doesn't the org help loyal JWs in need. His answer given with a sarcastic tone was that "jehovah's organisation is not a charity, if they need help they can apply with the social security".

This anti christian statement typifies the WTS mindset not only is it very much unlike the early church which they claim to follow but it is also a deception because the WTS is supposed to be a charity since it is registered as one, a registration that apparently amounts to an act of tax fraud.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit