"Mature" JW's READ THIS:

by Honesty 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Honesty
    Honesty

"Mature" Jw's, What do you "believe" you are accomplishing by coming on this board?

Page 371 paragraph 22 of the June 15, 1967 Watchtower magazine says, "In addition to all of this, a person’s faith can be weakened by what he reads and takes into his mind, dwelling upon "higher criticism," relying on worldly philosophers. It should be remembered that, when we are reading a book, the author of the book becomes one’s teacher, and for this reason great care should be taken in selecting reading matter. When the source of such information is from persons outside of Jehovah’s organization or from those that may have crept into the organization for injurious purposes, such would be a good time or occasion to heed Paul’s counsel to the young man Timothy, when he said: "Continue in the things that you learned and were persuaded to believe, knowing from what persons you learned them and that from infancy you have known the holy writings, which are able to make you wise for salvation through the faith in connection with Christ Jesus." (2 Tim. 3:14-16) If there is the slightest infringement on your faith by those in this old system of things, or from any source, free your minds from such shackles and always remember that Jehovah the true God and Christ Jesus his Son are your teachers.

The Watchtower Society says that when you are reading a book, the author of the book becomes your teacher.

Then they have the audacity, after saying that when you are reading a book, the author of the book becomes your teacher
    (Watchtower Society publications and literature)to always remember that Jehovah the true God and Christ Jesus his Son are our teachers.

Dear "mature" JW aquaintances on this board, Jesus and Jehovah are not your teachers.

The Watchtower Bible and Tract Society with its everchanging doctrines disguised as "NEW LIGHT" and "CURRENT TRUTHS" is your teacher.

Now, exactly what do you "believe" you are accomplishing by coming on this board?
    Believe you me, my purpose of coming on this board is to directly quote Watchtower Society publications and literature and show you how far from Scripture and Jesus Christ their teachings are drawing you.

I sincerely believe that all humans, including Jehovah's Witnesses are in need of salvation by Jesus Christ.

That is why I and other born again believers come on this board... to draw JW's away from the Watchtower Society and to real peace and joy that you can only find in Jesus Christ.

We want you to experience what we experience... the peace that comes from knowing Jesus intimately as our Lord and Savior. The joy of knowing without a shadow of doubt that should we die within the hour we will eternally be with Jesus in paradise. The true knowledge of God and who He is, the comfort of the Holy Spirit who resides in us and teaches, guides and molds our lives in Christ, the power that comes from the Holy Spirit that enables us to live our lives for Jesus as we join with Christians of different denominations around the earth to lead the dear people of this lost and dying world to Him.

Remember, we have been where you are and know the inner turmoil that is plaguing your souls as you attempt to work hard to please the Watchtower Society.

• greendawn
    greendawn

That was a clever piece of manipulation by the FDS to deter the JWs from examining their ideology and history from other points of view. They tell them in advance that all outside info is worthless and dangerous.

Let's hope the JWs will realise that they can be part of the New Covenent and not outsiders to enjoy its benefits supposedly by the mediation of the so called anointed.

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

the colors, my eyes

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

(Credit goes to Honesty) Watchtower-1967-June-15-p.371 http://m1.freeshare.us/view/?143fs680334.jpg Nevada-

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I think you will find pretty much the same criticism, expounded on and in context, if you look at www.sixscreensofthewatchtower.com . That web site details the Watchtower teachings and points out clearly where they are wrong, using actual Watchtower articles where possible to prove the points. The site was written by an ex-JW couple that have born-again traits. I think anyone who is thinking of becoming one of Jehovah's Witnesses, anyone who already is, and anyone who has been influenced by the religion would benefit from viewing this site. After all, doesn't the Bible admonish us to continue testing to make sure we are in the faith?

• timmycat
    timmycat

Talking to the young ones as Timothy was. Protecting the young from out side influences that could corrupt them into behaviour that could be damaging to their well being. Not for kiddies as you said.

• proplog2
    proplog2

That is why I and other born again believers come on this board... to draw JW's away from the Watchtower Society and to real peace and joy that you can only find in Jesus Christ.

Yeah that makes a lot of sense. Quit serving your imaginary Jehovah and start groveling in front of MY imaginary god - Jesus Christ - or you will burn in hell forever and ever. And that's the TRUTH? Get outa here.

• theMadChristian
    theMadChristian

You're doing a lousy job! Bwhahahahahahahahahahaha!

The Mad JW

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

Good one honesty!!

nj

• BEROEAN
    BEROEAN

It's interesting how so many individuals on this board think those who are JW's were "raised in the truth". There are many JW's that once belonged to other denominations (I was raised baptist). Yet, the hypocrisy in those denominations is always clouded over by "Just be-lieve in Jesus!". I can sit here and spew fact after fact about the baptist faith until your head spinned, but that's not my mo. Instead, I focus on the positives. And, without a doubt, I can say that as a JW my life and my family is 100% better than before JW. Yes, I know about the "Society's history". At 28 years old, I studied for three and one half years before I made up my mind to get baptized. And during those years, I would bring "Apostate" literature out and show it to my Bible study conductor. Initially, I did it with the mindset that I was going to "enlighten" these poor individuals. Instead, every question that I had for them was answered using the Bible and even showing how the FDS corrected past errors. You know, afterall, they are made up of IMPERFECT men. Furthermore, doesn't the Bible give acoounts of the Apostles making mistakes and later correcting them? To this day, I still keep proving if what i'm learning is in line with the Bible. Which, of course, I have always heard from day one, "THE BIBLE IS THE AUTHORITY.". What is my purpose for coming on this board? In essence, to ask that same question to you. Why are you so consumed with JWs? In a world of some 6 billion people, don't you find it odd to be consumed with one tenth of one percent of the worlds population? The majority, of which, are adults that CHOSE to become JWs? At any time a JW can leave and many do to the tune of nearly 50K annually in the US alone. In my 15 years as a witness, I have seen many persons "leave the truth". The great majority of them are never happy afterward. They carry this feeling of rejection and anger around like a scorned woman. Why? What drives most of you that were once "in the truth" to such an obsession? If I decided, for some reason, to leave the "truth", I would leave, not look back, and get on with my life. Is it the lack of family contact, because since you left, they won't "associate" with you? What do you think my family did when I announced I was becoming one of JW's? Did I start lambasting the Baptist Church because my family didn't come to my first no. 2 talk? No. Did I start up a web site dedicated to "Exposing" the deacons, preachers, and their delinquent children when my uncle told me I was not allowed in his house? No. Maybe, some how this is therapy for you. I don't know. But, what I do know is that too many people spend far too much time worrying about things they shouldn't. Acts 5:38,39.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit