Censored Matrix

by LtCmd.Lore 2 Replies latest jw friends

• LtCmd.Lore
    LtCmd.Lore

Hey, I want to watch the Matrix with my JW family... but it's rated R, so obviously that ain't gonna happen.

I heard somewhere that there is a 'made for TV' version that is equivilant to PG13, I think my family would be okay with that.

Does anyone know about this? Or is just a myth invented by dubs who don't want people to know that they watched an R movie?

Lore

• Amber Rose
    Amber Rose

The rumour that I heard was that when it was first released in the spring of 1999, The Matrix was rated PG-13. Several weeks later they changed the rating to R because of similiarties the movie shared with the Columbine school shootings that had just happened. I don't know if this is true, but I believed it. I couldn't find anything to confirm this, but I didn't really look that hard.

• PrimateDave
    PrimateDave

Hey, yes, really cool movie. I know it has been on regular TV, and it used to come on quite regularly on one of the Turner networks. But, I don't think there has been a DVD release of a PG/PG-13 version. I know I could make my own "family friendly" version if I felt like it using my computer and some free software.

Dave

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit