Humour? Financial security and looks?

by cyberdyne systems 101 13 Replies latest social relationships

• cyberdyne systems 101
    cyberdyne systems 101

These are what might be considered classic things that a person might be attracted to, in order to contemplate a romantic relationship with someone, I was particularly thinking of women being attracted to men that is. Possibily a combination of these three, is that your experience here? What other things do you look for other than these and how much would you compromise over what you would like and what you would or have got? Is there someone for everyone or do you think many are destined to go without. Is it a basic need in most people to have someone to love and share things with, or can it be just as rewarding and fulfilling without it?

Over to you...

CS 101

• abbagail
    abbagail

It's all in the hormones, young fella, lol.

Depends what age:

Teens - 20s - 30s - 40s - thought I would die if I didn't have "someone to love."

50 + = COULD CARE LESS!

It's amazing the difference, and it is GLORIOUS TO BE FREE of it! (that gnawing desire to be loved, what a ROYAL PAIN, like carrying around a sack of potatoes all those years).

NO MORE WASTING TIME, nor Energies, nor Emotions, worrying about "him."

It's AWESOME to be over it. It's FREE'ing. I thank God for it every day, I consider it an EXTREME BLESSING.
    No longing, no "missing" anything, my entire mind, heart, soul, is just totally free. I can't explain it, but "IT" is GONE! ("IT" = thinking and wasting all that time/energy all those years wanting/needing someone to love, etc.)

And I'm not joking.

Now, carry on! You're still young yet... ;-) So you've got a few more years of "suffering" left, lol.

/ag

• cyberdyne systems 101
    cyberdyne systems 101

Thanks for that reply, Abbagail. Quite ammusing too, just have to twiddle my thumbs a while longer yet then it seems lol.

CS 101

• greendawn
    greendawn

If someone will "love" a person because of their wealth then that it is an artificial situation the implication is there would be no love without the wealth, they love the wealth not the person. Similarly with good looks, if characters don't match there will be trouble later on beauty is only skin deep. It's best to go for a good personality and character match for a smooth permanent relationship.

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Great reply abbagail! I thought I had reached that juncture too, but maybe I have more years of suffering too.

For me humour is key - and I dont just mean laughing at me - you have to be able to laugh at yourself a bit too.

Secondly intelligence - you have to be more intelligent than me - this rules in 99% of the population!

Thirdly - weirdness - you must not be run of the mill, you must have a freaky side.

Fourthly - you must be as in to sex as I am and not turned off by my freaky side.

Fifthly - accent - I find accents incredibly hot. Especially American and Scottish ones.

Sixthly - you must enjoy food, drink and all earthy stuff. I like to see people enjoying their food.

And I think thats about it - I dont care what you drive or if you dont drive at all, I dont care how much is in your bank account - but please don't ask to borrow my money as I have nothing in mine, I don't care whether you are a home owner. I just care that you have plans for the future to take care of yourself and fulfill yourself.

Oh and I love a man in touch with his inner bitch and not ashamed of it. That is a big turn on. And confidence is very attractive to. And umm eyes that draw me in. I hate looking into someone's eyes and thinking there's not much going on back there....

(thats quite a long list - I didnt realise I had quite so many specifications.)

• greendawn
    greendawn

It's amazing what hormones can do and Crumpet has another 20 years of suffering before the earth bound desires recede unsupported by the old hormones and leave the whole place for spiritual activities.

I like the way you consider future possibilities rather than be stuck in the here and now as most people are:

I just care that you have plans for the future to take care of yourself and fulfill yourself.
  • abbagail
    abbagail

Awwww, all three of you'all are sooo cute!

CS101, naaa, don't sit around twiddling your thumbs, 36 is actually a great age to be, not even near 40 yet. Take that VW Bug of yours and sling some surf boards on the top and hit the beach and check out the female blonde surfer groupies. ;-) You might just find that special someone who will be the perfect companion to "mold with" even when the hormones fail (as in bonding, not in green moldy mold ;-)

And Crumpet, lol, that IS some list, I got a kick out of reading it. Very articulate. 15 years ago I could have gone head-to-head with you producing such a list without even blinking. Now I can't even think of one single characteristic... (besides their being willing to always carry the heavy stuff... ;-)

And Greendawn, very well said. Poor Crumpet, heehee, 20 more years... ;-)

All I care about is obtaining my incorruptible body in the heavenly places!
    /ag

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Thanks Greendawn and Abbagail! I totally agree re the heavy stuff - my arms just grew two inches dragging bags of fruit and veg from the supermarket.

I have to say if I have to "suffer" for the next 20 years the way I have so far suffered in 2007 then I say bring it on!

• serendipity
    serendipity

I won't bore you with my 35 item list, but a man has to be kind,intelligent, humorous/playful, responsible, respectful/tolerant and affectionate.

• Mum
    Mum

My sentiments exactly, abbagail. A long time ago, circa 1965, I was reading the first part of Plato's Republic wherein Plato stated that being released from the passions of one's youth was very liberating and opened up the path to other pursuits (or words to that effect). I had never heard anyone express that idea, so it stuck with me. Now I know that it is so true. I raise my glass to you and Plato!

Regards,

SandraC

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit