How much of a man are you? Problems with rats, I just can't do it

by needproof 28 Replies latest jw friends

• Tuesday
    Tuesday
    Hi Insomniac, we have thought about the cat thing also. We have a dog who wouldn't be best pleased at that idea! I have never been a big fan of cats, but I must admit the idea tempts me... but then I just think to what my dog might do. Unless of course, they get on famously, but I can't see that somehow.

If you get the cat fairly young it won't be a problem usually, my cat gets along great with the dogs in the area and hasn't ever been bothered. Our cat is a bit of an instigator though.

• aSphereisnotaCircle
    aSphereisnotaCircle
    my wife was working full time cleaning the rugby club, fire station and male strip club

Um, Ninja, does your wife need an assistant?

• sinis
    sinis

Since escaping the realm of the Bible (and JW's) I have been a lot more tolerant of wildlife. In fact I find myself avoiding ants on the sidewalk as I walk to my car from work. I don't know, the universe is immense. Who is to say reincarnation is not reality, or that animals were once souls of a higher form? These days I look towards getting rid of pesky creatures through no life ending means. Either ultrasound, or planting of certain herbs/flowers to repel insects or rodents, etc.

I hate to rule out that one day I might be living life again, but as a rat...

• greendawn
    greendawn

They are pests so you can't do otherwise with them. If they multiply in a house they will wreck the whole place chew all cables, plastic pipes, shoes, cloths and foul up the place so much you won't know what's clean and what's not. They did this to me once while I was on a long holidays.

If you don't like poison, as someone suggested you can use spring traps just beware you don't trigger them off inadvertantly and catch your fingers in them as happened to me once.

• sinis
    sinis

They may be pests but you don't have to poison them. Alternative methods such as ultrasound, oils, strategic plant usage, etc. can repel pests, with no loss of life. I'm far from a tree hugger, but why do humans always equate death with pests (either animals or other humans)?

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Needproof: I'm like you. I let my wife do all the exterminating. She doesnt seem to mind. I just stay oblivious. But I do think about Jehober allowing all the pain and suffering, I dont think thats very cool. I wonder is the Debil the good guy here.

• themonster123
    themonster123

lol-your post topic made me laugh! :)

• HAL9000
    HAL9000

Rats I have no problem with exiting - poison is the pits especially if they die in the roof ......aaaargh!!!

The best "intruder" story I have was of a native mouse that infiltrated the house and had a habit of sticking its nose into one's ear while you were asleep. How did it finally go? My wife spotted it in the kitchen one day and yelled at it to "piss off" (or similar words) at about 140dB. The mouse, knowing what was good for it fled straight out of the house, never to return.

Also have had red foxes come into the house....

• moshe
    moshe

You don't have 1 rat, you have more like 10 of them. If you don't do something about it real quick, there will be a 100 rats knawing into you house by the end of summer.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit