just a thought.

by bigdreaux 6 Replies latest watchtower bible

• bigdreaux
    bigdreaux

let me start out by saying, i know this is nit picking. i know it's not a big deal. it's just interesting to me. if you look in the front of the nwt, it says it is copyrighted. hmmmm, who's name is the copyright under? supposedly this is god's word, not mans, so, why do they need it. if it is man's word, even though it was written by divine insparation, then it is plagerism. haha, just a thought.

• greendawn
    greendawn

They probably mean that their translation is copyrighted rather than the Bible itself. There is basically one original Bible (Hebrew and Greek scriptures) but numerous translations in English.

• Pubsinger
    Pubsinger

They can relax on the copyright bit

Nobody in their right mind would want to claim that they were responsible for the NWT

• bigdreaux
    bigdreaux

greendawn, i se what your saying, and, this post was meant for a little comic relief, however, in response to what you say about their translation, don't they claim they were directed by jehovah? shouldn't he have the copyright?

• FireNBandits
    FireNBandits

That's right big...all the credit should go to Jehovah Jireh. You know, when I first heard "Jehoavh Jireh" at Kingdom hall I immediately thought of "Jehovah Gyroscope."

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Without a copyright, it's just possible that someone would want to print these books.
    Maybe not now, but in the future when WTS presses are sold off to pay for the
    blood doctrine and DF lawsuits. (OK, I am dreaming)

Seriously, though. They have to protect their interests. The English NWT was
    translated into all the other languages. Without a copyright protection, somebody
    else could make a Mandarin Chinese NWT and sell it. WTS doesn't want that.

I find it interesting that Spanish and French and Romanian and Turkish, etc. JW's
    rely on the English version for their translation. That makes it difficult to pick apart
    the Greek and say why "stake" or "a god" was used instead of "cross" or "God."
    I am sure it's still done, but sometimes it probably loses it's common sense.
    (Okay, all the time it loses it's common sense, even in English.)

• bigdreaux
    bigdreaux

well, shouldn't that be what they want to happen? i mean, for someone to re-print this and spread god's word? i would think so. if they feel they have to keep people from printing it, maybe they are in some other business other than saving lives.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit