True or False: Watchtower Male Stereotype

by YoursChelbie 27 Replies latest jw friends

• YoursChelbie
    YoursChelbie

I always used to cringe when the Watchtower "Family" and "Youth" books would stereotype Men and Women into two mutually exclusive categories: "Men think while Women feel."

"One trait is not better than the other they are just different...," I recall the books went on to say in so many words.

I'm well aware both men and women have excelled in science, etc. so that's not the issue.

My question is for the Men in this forum:

Do you never show emotions? When someone offends you or you become sad, do you cry easily or do you feel that since you are a man you have to keep your feelings bottled up because "Men don't cry?"

YC

• Pubsinger
    Pubsinger

I am a very emotional person.

And I show it often. Can't help it.

And no I am not insecure, unstable or whatever. Quite together really.

That's just me.

• theinfamousone
    theinfamousone

albeit young, i am still very much in touch with my emotions... i will cry... i have no reason to lie to myself or to other about my emotions... there is nothing wrong with feeling hurt.... its natural!!! so no i dont hide it because the borg said i should

the infamous one

• found-my-way
    found-my-way

It's a total stereotype

people are people

some are sensitive and cry easily while others are more stoic and can hold their emotions in check, while some dont feel things easily at all.

I have known men to cry and be more emotional than women

I get so mad when they say men are more logical and women are more emotional, i have seen it can be quite the opposite.

There are logical men and women and emotional men and women, It depends on their personality, not their gender.

the sooner the world stops stereotyping people, the closer we will come to acheiving human harmony.

Ignorances and stereotypes only serve to hold us back in the dark ages. that is why the WTS is in the dark ages, and they keep their followers stupid and ignorant.

• Pubsinger
    Pubsinger

Actually the WT is TOTALLY wrong.

Men think AND feel the most

• greendawn
    greendawn

There can be no doubt that women are more emotional than men this being part of the rather obvious differences in the make up of women and men. Men express emotion but not as much otherwise they will be considered effeminate if not outright queer. Feelings are the lesser part in the mental make up of men and thinking is the more developed part.

• found-my-way
    found-my-way

greendawn,

was that said tongue in cheek, or do you actually believe what you posted?

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

I find myself to be ruled by logic instead of emotion, but I think its more of me as a person than me as a man.

I have no problem saying how I feel, but I seldom let people see me tear up.

I consider myself to be pretty emotional, but I think most people are more intimidated than they are concerned with my show of emotion.

• YoursChelbie
    YoursChelbie
    there is nothing wrong with feeling hurt.... its natural!!! so no i dont hide it because the borg said i should

Thanks for sharing, Infamousone. I always knew there was a reason why their generalizations just didn't sound right.

YC

• Warlock
    Warlock

Not only do I have no emotions, my whole body has gone numb.

I guess I have no "feeling", either.

Warlock

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit