Life After Death....Or Have we just done it all before...?

by Gill 9 Replies latest jw friends

• Gill
    Gill

This has happened to me many times in my life, that I KNEW when something important had or was about to happen to us or ours....or I could sense that one of 'us' was in trouble or 'lost' to us all.

I was irritable and 'strange' on Sunday morning. Finally I said to my husband and elder children that 'someone has died'. To be honest, I didn't know WHO, but just that someone had gone. They didn't laugh at me as they don't any more....it has happened too many times. They certainly didn't laugh when I go a phone call about two hours later telling me that a close relative had died that morning. It was someone that no one had expected to die for quite a while yet even though they were elderly. But suddenly, she was gone.

So.....what does it mean?

Have I done it all before? If that is all it is, time bending in on itself, does that mean we get a 'chance' to put right all the times we have done wrong or made mistakes in the past.....or is it something even more perplexing?

I follow my 'gut instincts' on a lot of things these days. I don't believe that it is something 'supernatural' as in spirits creatures etc, but I know it is a sixth sense that many people have.....but how to explain it is the real conundrum!

Plus, I don't half get some funny looks from my immeadiate family at times!

• Dansk
    Dansk

Hi Gill,

I never realised you were Swedish! I have family there!!

Interesting topic.

28 years ago I caught the return coach to Manchester from London. I was sitting with my head against the glass during part of the journey when a thought suddenly came into my head: "Your mum is dead!"

I thought: "What the heck am I thinking that for?"

When I got home mum had died.

Ian

• Gill
    Gill

Hi Dansk!!

Wow! How do you explain finding out about your Mum like that!? That must have been quite a shock for you...both times!

This has happened to me so many times that I really don't care to count. But what does it mean and how does it happen?

It has my husband on edge, when I get all 'knowing' but he has learnt to act immeadiately when I tell him something as it is always right! I knew when he had to get his ass into gear to help his grandmother, IMMEADIATELY. I knew when my aunt and uncle died etc I feel that it is some kind of deja vu, but would like to know how you explain it, if you do.

Sorry, NO! The Swedish 'thing' is just 'travelling' around!!

Take Care Dansk! Like to hear your thoughts on this as I know it happens to many people.

Love

Gill

• Mrs Smith
    Mrs Smith

It happens to me too, it was something I kept very quite while I was in the borg. Now I just go along with it and my hubby has learnt to listen to my sixth sense. Don't know what it is or how it happens.

• Smiles_Smiles
    Smiles_Smiles

I have those types of experiences too. I have never been able to conclusively explain where they come from and why it happens. I have found 2 other people who has it too. My daughter and another friend. We have our own thoughts about it but who knows why, what, how, etc. I have just learned to accept it. And I figure in this life I will never really KNOW the answers to stuff like that. I will be satisfied with whatever explanation feels true (from my gut) at any given time.

Somewhere inside me though I feel we all have this capability ... maybe many are just not consious of it or don't pay attention to it. At least that is what I would like to believe. Helps me to feel less like a freak. tehehee

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

Hey guys,

I've also had these moments!!! When I was younger it used to scare the hell outta me, you know with all the demons talk from the JW's.

Now I just go with the flow but usually I'm right!

nj

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Hello Gil. For my 2 cents. I like to think we reincarnate, rematerialize and come live lifes over and over.

Regarding you experience, I myself would not interpret it as you have done this all before as in dejavu, But that you have a psychic ability. My personal belief in reincarnation is not that we keep living the same life over and over like ground hog day, but that we come back and live life a life whenever we get bored in the spirit realm. In heaven or the spirit realm everything is good and perfect, so we have to come down here for some excitement, or something different. Most people dont, cant remember their spirit life but I like to think it is all recorded for us when we get back home and we can reflect on it and enjoy it. Till we get bored and want to get out of the spiritual house and come back down here to the pleasure planet.

As far as proof, there is no proof for anybodys theories whether they be that we evolved or were created or that jesus exhisted. Pick and choose your heaven or poison.

• greendawn
    greendawn

Hey Dansk many people here keep changing their flags or nationalities for fun because it gratifies them psychologically to identify with some other nation.

The process Gill describes has happened to most people so it can't be just a coincidence it is called telepathy or thought transference. It is not known how precisely it operates and scientists do not even admit it exists. I suppose it is through the same process that humans interact with angels whether for good or evil.

Ultimately the human mind is not a closed but an open system in contact with the rest of the world human and spiritual with constant interchanges occuring between any human and the rest of the cosmos.

• Roski
    Roski

I had a dream one night that I had lost a particular object. When I woke up I thought - I know I haven't lost that, but I know I have lost something so I wonder what it is. A couple of minutes later the phone rang to say my son had died. The previous night my daughter had talked with her boyfrined well into the night as she was very distressed. She said she knew she was going to need support as something was about to happen. Last week my son's wife dreamt of her brother a few times during the week - unusual. She saw him 'lifeless', she said. He died on Sunday. My husband also dreamt of his aunt's death and saw her swimming in the harbour of his hometown. He heard the next morning that she has died and she was cremated and her ashes scattered in the harbour - and that was a big surprise for the family as cremation is not well accepted in his culture.

• WHO
    WHO

>>To be honest, I didn't know WHO<<

Nope, I'm still kickin', but thanks for your concern.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit