Relationships....

by RichieRich 31 Replies latest jw friends

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

I never posted a big to do about it, but myself and my girlfriend of quite a while ended our relationship rather abruptly not too long ago. It sucked, but luckily it wasn't really ugly or anything.

Anywho, ole RichieRich is back in the dating game.

Tonight's contender was a young lady who shared a lot of the same interests as myself, but turned out to be a very clingy person.

Last week brought forth 2 challengers, one who apparently left her since of humor somewhere at home, and one who was a bit... left of left of center. Seriously. Find left of center, and then look left of that, and there she is, reading Tolstoy. Not good.

I believe that as people mature, the type of relationship they look for should mature as well. When you're in high school, its ok to have someone who you spend all the time you have with. But as an adult, you can't have support a relationship with someone who needs to be attached to you 24/7.

For some reason this presents a problem for me, because I am young, but my appearance and actions seem to age me about 6 or 7 extra years. So I end up dating people who are either my age and really immature (which doesn't work) or I end up dating people who are really nice but who seem to be a bit uneasy with the fact that they are dating someone who is several years younger than them.

I'm not really stressed over this situation, but I just find it to be pretty hard... Sure there's plenty of fish in the sea, but I can't just stand here with my rod in my hand forever..................

I'm in no rush to get married, or even be in a seriously committed relationship, but I don't know... its a void that has to be filled.

• Kudra
    Kudra

Well, Richie, if you're trying to take care of that "void that needs to be filled" -have you though of trying to date some nice young men?

:)

ahhh, just kidding, guy.

I know it's a little trite, but when you are not looking, BLAM, that's when it happens. With the right person. -So go out wearing a blindfold! You'll run into Ms Right eventually. Or maybe some Ms's RightNow.

Best of luck to you.

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

Haha Kudra,

I'm not necessarily looking for Ms Right, and I'm certainly not looking for a ton of Right Now's. I'm not saying I'm looking for sex, I just enjoy having someone to share certain things with...

and although I have tons of really awesome female friends, I'm afraid to persue anything with any of them because I don't want to damage our friendship if the relationship doesn't work out.

And I do wear a blind fold so to speak... I'm not running around passing out my number, its the exact opposite actually.

I don't know, its just one of those nagging things in the back of my head that bugs me when I let it...

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Richie..I`ll send you a Penguin..Women love penguins!..Take your penguin out for a walk and you`ll have women all over you..Dancing PenguinThis is Ray Penguin..He`s blind,but he plays a mean piano..LOL!!...OUTLAW

• fifi40
    fifi40

Richie Rich..............you have to be careful standing there with your rod in your hand...................it might get you arrested.

Give it time.........you have only just ended a serious relationship............there are lots of fish, so I wouldnt be in to much of a hurry to land on and if you dont like the look of one throw it back in.

After I finished with my first husband I went out with a guy I have known most of my life for a couple of years, but on reflection I dont think I was really ready to be in a full on serious relationship............then I spent about 13 months on my own, but dodging all sorts of guys because I wasnt interested...........I actually loved that time...........then I met current hubby and it seemed right and continues to do so.

He is in fact five and a half years younger than me............but he looks older (Than his age and me) and his mates are all a few years older than him....................so age; I wouldnt worry about it much.

Good luck fishing and have some fun doing it...............

Fifi

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

Women between the ages of 18 and 22 are probably the most flakey and immature women out there. They start becoming more adult and enjoyable around 23-25. IMO, this is the sweet spot for single women. Not too young to be immature, and not too old to feel their biological clocks ticking. Until you reach the age where dating these women is possible (even though dating older women is fun), just try to have fun with them. Don't work toward a meaningful relationship. Just take them out to do fun activities, fun sex, and when they flake, you'll know it's time to move on. There is no need to emotionally invest in a woman unless you're wanting a long-term relationship. Even then, you'll need to date a woman for a while before you decide if she's a good candidate for a LTR. Until then, dating is a great way to pass time! Oh yeah, and don't be afraid to date more than one woman at a time.

• jgnat
    jgnat
    I am young, but my appearance and actions seem to age me about 6 or 7 extra years. So I end up dating people who are either my age and really immature (which doesn't work) or I end up dating people who are really nice but who seem to be a bit uneasy

This will cure itself with time. Which at your age, seems like an eternity. I gotta agree with Nos about the female sweet spot. The next one is in her forties when a woman knows herself and is past the baby-making. IMHO.

I've noticed a huge shift of maturity in my two children (one man, one woman) as they hit their late twenties. All of a sudden they've come in to their own persons, their interests and passions. Perhaps this is why wise people marry later, so they don't end up with someone with completely different interests and dreams.

• Smiles_Smiles
    Smiles_Smiles

Its nice to hear u r n the dating scene full force. Be patient and keep at it.

Just coming out of JW u probably have no idea the stuff that will eventually in time wash off of you. And the residue that still sticks that may make it so that you are not quite a diamond to that very compatible special lady out there. As time goes on ... it wil happen. You will find that person that you are very compatible with. In the meantime have fun dating because the same is probably true for the ladies you are meeting.

Enjoy your life and your freedom!!!

Good luck!!!

• FreedomFrog
    FreedomFrog
    I'm afraid to persue anything with any of them because I don't want to damage our friendship if the relationship doesn't work out.

Oh believe me...I so understand where you're coming from here. I was dating not too long ago and "I" had to end it for various reasons. We talked about "if we started dating" lets not let this kill our friendship. We had been good friends for a while and now we're not after we dated for only 6 weeks. It's sad, but it happens. It's kinda of funny that I'm decent "friends" with my ex-husband whom I was married to for 15 years but not friends anymore with my ex-b/f after only 6 weeks of dating...hmmm

FF

• Honesty
    Honesty
    Tonight's contender was a young lady who shared a lot of the same interests as myself, but turned out to be a very clingy person.

Don't worry, she'll outgrow it in less than 6 months.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit