How do I get a Witness to do some deep research on Russell? Any Pointers?

by NotaNess 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Mad
    Mad

LOLOLOLO! We're not Russelites- why should we bother?

How do we get YOU to open the Bible? Why not use SCRIPTURES?

the Mad JW

• ninja
    ninja

Give him a shovel and a map to that masonic graveyard where he is buried....let him take it from there....

• Beep,Beep
    Beep,Beep

You most likely would be wasting your time. Russell has no bearing TODAY. Yes he started the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society but so what?

" How shocked were you at finding out about the Pyramid Memorial? "

Not sure why anyone would be shocked over it. It also has no bearing today. It's trivial. Although I'm happy to see that you didn't refer to this as Russell's grave marker or headstone.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    LOLOLOLO! We're not Russelites- why should we bother?

So true. JW's stopped being Russellites when Rutherford warped their ability
    to examine things for themselves. They became Rutherfordites.

They now hold Russell up on a pedestal only because it would be so easy to
    expose the drinking/cigar smoking/womanizing/ owner of mansions for what
    he was. Best to avoid glorifying Rutherford, but back in the day, that's what
    they did.

CAPTIVES OF A CONCEPT (www.captivesofaconcept.com or www.lulu.com )
    has some ideas on how to get someone to look at the beginnings of WTS.

• dedpoet
    dedpoet
    I feel Most Witnesses don't know of the history behind Russell and the beginnings of the society.

You're right there. If any jw honestly and objectively (not that many of them
    are capable of objectivity) the origins of their beliefs from Russell onwards, I
    doubt that they'd stay jws for very long. that's why they are discouraged from
    doing reseach, apart from reading the kingdom proclaimers book, which twists
    jw history anyway.

I think a jw would have to be having a few doubts to really do research into the
    watchtower's old publications anyway.

• garybuss
    garybuss

I don't know a Witness I'd talk to about Witnessism. If I did, and they wanted to know some history I'd just tell them what I know. Witnesses I know aren't very interested in history or Russell. You might just mention that Russell wasn't the first president of the Watch Tower.

Or the first vice-president.

• kid-A
    kid-A

"LOLOLOLO! We're not Russelites- why should we bother?"

Mad: Your CULT (aka printing corporation) would not exist were it not for the wacko prophecies and apocalyptic date calculations by good old Chuckie T. Russell way back yonder, when it was still considered vogue to predict the end of the world based on pyramid measurements. Russell's fingerprints are on virtually every single facet of the modern day JWs, despite how much you desperately wish to deny it.

"How do we get YOU to open the Bible? Why not use SCRIPTURES?"

Perhaps YOU should answer the question, Mad, since the "New World Translation" is nothing more than a mistranslated tool of propaganda designed to prop up the straw-man prophecies and idiosyncratic theology of the dubs. You know damned well the society DOES NOT encourage individual interpretation of the ANY version of the bible, unless it has been filtered through the theological "oracles" in Brooklyn. You aren't fooling anyone.....except yourself.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit