Top 10 things cultish to outsiders, but normal to Witnesses!!

by themonster123 19 Replies latest jw friends

• themonster123
    themonster123

1. Whenever we did the Kingdom Hall cleaning and would wear casual clothes, we weren't allowed to wear ANY shirt/sweatshirt/top w/ a LOGO on it!!! (and not obvious stuff like "Camel Cigs" or "budweiser"), but stuff like "REEBOK" "QUIKSILVER" etc etc etc. (OMG) (Hey, On the way out, you reminded me of this in another post!!)

2. At district conventions, we weren't supposed to buy from the little ice cream vendor guys selling stuff on the grassy area

3. Witnesses explicitly CALL themselves "sheep." Uhhh, if someone calls you a sheep it's not a G-O-O-D T-H-I-N-G!!!!

4. how loud the speakers got near the end of their district convention talks

5. The Watchtower's depiction of a "party." (a Grandma and a brother wearing khakis and a button-up shirt playing Kerplunk, and NO loud music, or music-period-in sight)

6. filtering of apostate material (it's labeled Apostate Material, when, in a non-WItness world, it's really just..."material.")

7. Everyone's gonna die at Armageddon except for Jehovah's Witnesses (and that one guy on the top of a mountain in Tibet who's never met JWs, but he has a good heart condition)

Okayyyyyyy........I run out....

• chelsea
    chelsea

Those friggin calendars... "magazine day" for goodness sake... what would any regular person think that meant???

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

8. Knocking on strangers doors at 9:30 in the morning.

9. No Flag Salute, No Toasting, Clinking of Glasses, or saying 'Bless You' when someone sneezes.

I'll save #10 for someone else...

-Aude.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

"Lucky" is a dirty word to JWs.

• Quandary
    Quandary

Only two classes of people:

JWs and "worldly people"

Q

• Quandary
    Quandary

one more:

The non JW spouse of a JW is a "unbelieving mate"

• Handsome Dan
    Handsome Dan

Good post Monster......qurky and amusing........liked the one about not buying ice cream

Here's an obvious one, during the watchtower and book study there are no individual open discussion or analysis of the written information

it's forbidden to ask any questions that are not provided by the WTS....ecentally mind controlling the readers with their deceitful BS

• Angry_Kangaroo
    Angry_Kangaroo
    The Watchtower's depiction of a "party." (a Grandma and a brother wearing khakis and a button-up shirt playing Kerplunk, and NO loud music, or music-period-in sight)

Hey, that is not a party, that is a "gathering"!

• NotaNess
    NotaNess

Heard one today and in the past.

A fading witness came in today and another witness said she "didn't like his new goatee" after he left. She acted like he just joined a Satan Club or something, you should have seen her face. Get over it, it's the way men want themselves to look sometimes, and it's God-given. Shaving hurts on ocassion, and you get tired of it! Go tell "Jehover" you don't like what he gave to men.

"Goodie Night" What the??....

• Kudra
    Kudra

At quickbuilds, where you weren't supposed to wear name brand stuff- like the Quicksilver t-shirts, etc, I had a friend who would duct-tape over the "Wrangler" patch on the back pocket of him jeans...

Hilarious

:P

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit