Has Your Personality Or Mindset Changed Since Leaving The Organization?

by The wanderer 17 Replies latest jw friends

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

http://www.neuroses.org/psychology-test.html

Your score is 43.

You are slightly neurotic, and fairly enlightened as well.

LOL

• moshe
    moshe

Mindset changes? I guess so. I have finally realized that studying the Bible is like trying to understand Moby Dick.

I hated Moby Dick. I never could find the deep meaning in that book. Writers usually have a problem when they try to convince others of their supreme insight into the deep meanings of life. Only the gullible buy their enlightenment.

• Namasti
    Namasti

I have seen in my life that :"what you talk about and think about all day long just expands" While a JW, all they ever talked about was SIN and sin is what I and so many JWs kept falling into. When I left, I went wild because that's what I was told would happen, so for a few months that's exactly what happened--at least wild for me, but then-- that was enough. I then was able to take inventory and ask myself --"how do I really see myself--what do I really believe about myself" and found out that I became a better person without having to be forced or scared into it. I truly became morally, mentally, physically, and especially spiritually a much, much, super-much better person since.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

I did not set out for anything to happen like that. I just found 'inconsistencies', then 'lies' and 'coverups', that no one would address except to deny all of it, then to start calling me an 'evil apostate' for what I had discovered.

It could not help but change me. Forever. I found that my worship had been performed on the alter of a commercial book publisher, with an evil, almost demonic desire to keep me captive, or short of that, to shut me up.

I have no doubt that if they could, I would have been 'stoned to death' outside the gates of the KH. That tends to change a person. It caused me at first to lift my middle finger in frequent salute to those who would hate me so for uncovering truth. Later it caused my heart pain to know that they are truly the ones to be pitied, as they waste away lives waiting for 'the real life' which will not come to them in the way they envision.

Been changed, yes. Freedom does that.

Jeff

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

great thoughts Namisti

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Since I`ve left the WBT$,I`ve totaly changed..I now have an English accent,walk with a limp..And..Wander the wilderness in my pajamas and bedroom slippers..LOL!!...OUTLAW

• The wanderer
    The wanderer

Very positive postings and some very interesting
    comments. Thank you all for providing them.

Respectfully,

The Wanderer

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Rich:

No, it hasn't but I am less tolerant in general.

I never really had the so-called "christlike" personality when I was a JW or at least what is considered christlike by the JWs. The reason was that because I had to work in the world I was required to assert myself and stand up for my rights or else I would probably be dead or with a mental breakdown. Unfortunately, as a woman in the work force people tried to take advantage or overstep. I mention the word "tried" because they did not succeed. I locked horns quite a few times over the years with aggressive or unscrupulous individuals of both genders. I have to mention that some individuals in the hall were just as bad. They do not understand what boundaries are and will not hesitate to overstep if you will let them. So, naturally I had some "words" over the years with nervy or con-artist mentalities.

Did I feel guilt over this? NO. But I did feel anger over people's audacity to try to take what was not theirs and think they weren't going to get any resistance.

LHG

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit